9

🍸

THAT scar on your abdomen — you had it when you were 16 right after your parents' nth fight.

Your father came home drunk and suddenly beer bottles flew into the air — one broken piece, unfortunately, pierced through your skin.

You brushed it off, telling yourself that your father didn't mean it because he was awfully sorry after it happened.

Of course he didn't know it would land on you. 

Little did you know, it wouldn't be the last.

"It was like deja vu...the same way I got the cut on my arm during their last fight." You chuckled lightheartedly — finally able to let out everything that burdened you all the while you kept only to yourself.

Somehow, it was able to ease you. Knowing that there are people who'll listen to you, be with you and understand you — though not your pain, but you're still grateful.

Grateful for these eight guys who not only treated you as a friend but also a sister. One of them, as what Mingi would say.

"We're always here for you, Elle. Remember that." Hongjoong had to say that aloud and you had no choice but to cry, earlier.

"Elle." Wooyoung suddenly stands up, catching your full attention.

He was hesitant at first — his hand rubbing the back of his neck before his eyes finally settled on you. You see a bright, new determination shining in them.

But what for?

"I've actually been discussing with my parents about me finally being independent. And you don't like going back to your home all by yourself so I figured — maybe I could live with you? As your friend and roommate and perhaps we could use this opportunity to get close and rekindle our-"

"Yes, Wooyoung, I would love to." You cut him off from his babbling as you approached him. You hugged Wooyoung tight.

Going home alone was never an option for you — and now, you'll be going back together with a childhood friend and a promising friendship in the long run.

You looked back at San, watching him smile with the other guys. And as if he knew your gaze was on him — he meets your eyes.

"Thank you." You whispered, hoping he would hear.

And as always, he does. San hears you.

"Thank you, too." He whispers back.

🍸

That night, you get ready to bed with the lightest you've ever felt. San was about to tuck you into bed — you were already sleepy and he insisted.

But before that, Seonghwa did tell him not to use that as an excuse to fall asleep and sleep with you.

"I'm warning you." The eldest really gave him a death glare before he let the both of you go after dinner.

But now, it seemed like San had other plans as he practically dragged you outside to sit and stargaze on the mini terrace.

"It's there." San insists while you try your best to find the constellation he's referring to up in the dark sky.

"San, there's no-" You stopped talking as your breath hitched. When you turned around, San's face was just a mere centimetre away from your face. 

His breath fanned your face lightly and it made you shiver more than the biting cold air of the night.

San and his effects on you.