7

🍸

WHEN you and San went out of the room, you were welcomed with seven faces staring right back at you.

At first, no one moved, until Wooyoung stepped out of his chair and went to you to give you a warm, tight hug.

One that made you want to melt then and there.

However, the warmth quickly disappears when he pulls away. 

"I'm glad you're awake, Elle." Wooyoung smiles at you, then he proceeds to ask you if your hang-over is bad bad and that next time you should ask one of them to accompany you to drink.

Then when the three of you already settled in with the others at the living room, the playful atmosphere continued on but — it felt wrong.

Like something was about to come right at you whilst you're unprepared.

🍸

All of you settled in the living room, the guys accompanying you throughout a movie that Jongho suggested to watch.

It almost seemed like they wanted you to stay because they kept watching one after another while you just sat in between the two towers — your head resting on Mingi's shoulders.

Frankly, your focus wasn't on the movie, your mind drifting to the thoughts of your wrecked home and somewhere along the lines of a crushed confession, all the while you fidgeted with your hands.

San noticed this, his eyes fixed on you all this time. His eyebrows were furrowed as he tried desperately to get inside your mind.

But who is he kidding? He's not a mind reader. And not being able to know what goes inside your head right now is killing him.

What happened?

Where did you get that scar? The cut on your arm?

Was it self-inflict- No. He shouldn't think like that.

"It's over!" A series of groans from the boys snaps you out of your thoughts, your head moving away from the comfort of Mingi's shoulders.

You see Seonghwa whispering something in Hongjoong's ear before you see the latter give you a quick glance.

It bubbles up something from inside of you. Something that makes you fidgety yet again.

It took the boys a few minutes to clean everything up — from popcorn bowls to soda cans. And now, everyone was settled in the living room — every couch occupied.

"Elle." You hear someone call your name. When you turn your head, you see Seonghwa looking at you softly. And is that worry in his eyes?

It seemed like the eldest didn't know how to approach the elephant in the room, because his mouth opens and closes a few times before he lets out a heavy sigh.

"If...if something's bothering you, you know you could always count on us, okay? Darling, we don't want to push you if you're uncomfortable because-" We know there's definitely something going on, he wanted to say. But he stops himself.

"Just, we're here to listen." Seonghwa smiles at you, a genuine one.

His words made you feel like they knew something was off. Of course, San found you drunk and they — they saw the cut on your arm.

But are you ready?

"T-Thank you." You said softly, before you stood up, yawning. You're not ready...yet. "I feel tired…I'm sleepy."

"Do you want one of us to bring you home, Elle, Or would you want to stay and nap here?" Hongjoong asks you.

At the mention of the word home, you slightly jolt. And if anyone notices your reaction, they don't point it out.

"C-Can I stay?" 

"Of course you can, darling." Seonghwa beams at you. "Our dorm is always welcome to have you, alright? You know we won't mind, you're already like a sister to us, Elle. Like family." He adds, and hearing it almost made you want to tear up. But you fight back the tears from falling and let them gather at the corner of your eyes.

"I'll bring her back to the room." San says and just like that, his hand finds its way right back on your waist.

Not ghosting anymore and actually touching you.