°17° Reconciled

Pt.2|| ch.07
[Ch.17]

~~~~

The trip to the park was short lived, you quickly grabbed your bag urged tadashi and left. Not a word spared for your new friends, you were too perturbed by tendou's lack of hostility.

~~~~

Everything about your experience with people at Shiratorizawa told you that he should hate you ten fold more than he was acting like he did, the rumors, the fight, the lies and the leaving without warning or word. Why? Why didn't he hate you.

"[Name]...Tendou I don't think he wanted to upset you" your brother comforted meekly.

"Oh like how tsukishima didn't mean to kiss you?!" You snapped, it was all too much why was it all happening now.

You couldn't turn to look at tadashi after you heard his breath hitch painfully, you knew how that was out of line but it all hurt inside. This new tendou situation, the issue with your parents from last night and every strange feeling welling up in your stomach about Kōshi.

~~~~

"[Nickname]?" a voice came from the gym door, it didn't waver it didn't quieten as it shouted louder, louder, louder until it was outside of the storage room "[Nickname]? Are you in there?"

You were in that room, in a crumpled heap, bruised and breathless as you sat there. The cousin of the voice was the same way as you, she wanted to hurt you...and your brother that's what made the whole thing happen. He wouldn't care though. Not really.

He wouldn't forgive this, that voice was inaudible as the door slid open and the girl wailed its name. His eyes shot open his smug smirk faltered as she cried and cried and cried. You lifted yourself grabbed the photo the girl had crushed to irritate you and went to leave.

He grabbed your wrist, hard, forceful, angry. You as always, didn't stay.

"I'm not sorry, Tendou" .

A sharp pain on your cheek, sealed the ordeal to memory.

~~~~

You had been friends, very close friends actually, he was the only person your mother allowed over the house she said he was "intelligent enough to overlook his incompetence". he knew your brother, he liked your brother. "little bro" rung in your ears a thousand times, but you had beaten up his cousin and then left without speaking to him. The whole non chalant act was clearly false it had to be.

"[Name]!" Tadashi commanded standing in your path desperately "Stop overthinking, stop it!" He was right you should stop it even if it was just to apologise.

"I'm sorry tadashi... the tsukishima comment was out of line" they were the only words you said then you continued beelining it to your house.

Tadashi called after you, eventually the others caught up and joined him. Tendou didn't though. He must've given up on the whole 'I don't care about you beating up my cousin and leaving me alone' act.

This was all so stupid, you were acting like a child...but maybe that's what you had needed because as you got closer to home you felt lighter, at liberty.

So you didn't care when you made a wrong turn and ended up in that park near your street the one sugawara and kei found you at that night in the rain, The one in the family photo hung in the hallway of the house, and the photo the girl had crushed in the storage room. You didnt care when you fell over in the mud on your way to the swings. And you didn't care when you saw tendou on said swing a smirk on his lips as he saw you giggle into the air, wet dirt on your t-shirt and jeans.

"[Name] I'll push you, sit here" he gestured to the accompanying swing, you didnt have any apprehension left in you to resist.

He pushed you silently for a few moments before saying a single phrase. "I'm sorry".
"Why?" The swing slowly halted as you awaited a response. "She was bullying you with the others" he breathed in "I didn't know...I wasn't thinking when I slapped you" you hummed in response.

"Why does everything happen at parks Tendou" you sighed.
"the drama always kicks off at these places huh" His response was tame but the next question was a natural one "So what does a guy gotta do to get his Nickname back?!"

Laughter, sweet familiar laughter, nothing was as serious as you made it, it was never quite as painful as it seemed. You weren't good at reading people. You were just good at making assumptions. You struggled with the past. But you didn't need to be hostile to it every time a tiny hurdle stood infront of you. You realised all this as you laughed with an 'old friend' and let it all untangle in your mind.

"In all seriousness tenten you haven't used mine yet either!" You still had something left to ask before it was all put behind you though "why did you come over like nothing happened".

The atmosphere didn't change as he responded "I don't know, i guess you seemed like you were more laid back now, happier" slowly chatter became audible from further away distant squabbling and on the other side a little girls voice called out your name.

Finally all of the voices convened in the middle, the park. "[Name]-chan!" Suga called running over, tadashi in quick pursuit, daichi and aiko on the other side but another person was there stood silently on the side lines.

You only noticed Tsukishima's presence because tendou was looking directly at him. You knew that look of his 'this guy looks fun let's wind him up' was what it meant and it was something you where tempted to let happen.

"Guys, I'm sorry it was just all a bit much" sugawara placed a hand on your shoulder and smiled "Hey its fine, I needed more exercise after being on the bench at the nekoma game anyway!".

He sounded hurt. Just a glimpse at his emotions made you feel so, ever so guilty.

He used his hurt in an attempt to make you feel less guilty but it had made you feel his shame and his frustration. It had made the situation painful again.

Tendou however seemed to notice something. So he pushed you off of the swing teasingly, You swung right into sugawara. And all the mud on your clothes smeared all over his shirt. "OH, oh my god Tendou!" He just cackled and swung his arms up as he ran from the swing.

"Suga-kun I am so sorry! I swear I'll pay you back tendou!" You hissed, tendou just snorted as suga insisted it was completely fine. "[Name] we should get home..." tadashi spoke doubtfully as his eyes lingered on tsukishima on the sidelines.

"yeah I suppose we have some apologising to fake huh" this made him smile somewhat "and uh I really am sorry for earlier you know about that comment".

He just began to walk off toward the direction of 'home' but before you joined him you handed tendou a number, your number hoping to be able to talk about more and turned to thank daichi for putting up with the situation and hugging aiko.

~~~~

A/n

2 updates not 3 weeks apart you must all be scared thinking it's the apocalypse :)

Hope you enjoyed this and look forward to another soon because I'm in my writing groove rn not gonna lie to yall 🤪