Chapter 7

✨TW-ABUSE✨

-Art is mine-

Jane's pov-

I wake up and realise that today is the day my parents come home. I hurriedly pull on my school uniform and wake Cathy up.
"Hey hunny. Oh, you're dressed." she says and checks the time, "It's only 4:36...what are you doing?" She asks and I climb into bed with her.
"W-Well today is the day that my parents and sister get back from their business trip. If I'm not home when they get back... I'll.... Doesn't matter. The point is I need to get home." I say and Cathy looks curiously at me.
"Babs. Can't you stayyy?" She asks and I shake my head. She pouts.
"Can I at least walk you home?" She asks me and I sigh and nod. I don't want to leave her but I have to.

Cathy gets out of bed and puts a t-shirt on. She walks downstairs with me and slips some shoes on. I put my school shoes on and we step out the door. It's raining outside so Cathy lends me a jacket. We walk to my house which happens to be a five minute walk away.

When we get there I pull the keys from my handbag and kiss Cathy goodbye. Its not like I won't see her again, we go to the same school after all. She leaves and I step inside, kicking my shoes off I run up the stairs and place the jacket on my bed post.

I change out of my uniform and put some pajamas on.

I wake up to a hoover in my ears. I pull the pillow over my head to muffle the sound. It doesn't work. I get up out of bed and notice my sister isn't in bed. I change into my uniform and walk downstairs. My mother stares at me and turns off the hoover.
"Just the brat I've been looking for." she spits the words at me. "What is this?" she asks and pulls up a video of me kissing Cathy. Then I remeber we have a security camera on our front porch, where I kissed Cathy. I bury my face into my hands.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you." my mother says in a firm tone. I lift my head and she slaps me across the face.
"I'm so so-sorry." I sob in between words. My mother rolls her eyes.
"Pathetic. You know when I was your age my father whipped me. Don't forget I have that in the attic. It will be brought out if necessary." she threatens me. I bow my head.
"Sorry, ma'm." I say and she leaves the room. I crawl back up the stairs and sit on my bed.

I stare at my face in my wall mirror. The red handprint glowing. I feel a warm tear roll down my cheeks. I brush it away and pack my bag for school. As soon as I'm packed I leave. I'm an hour early so I walk to Cathy's house.

I knock on the door and a few seconds later Cathy opens it. I crumple into her arms.
"I missed you." I mumble into her neck.
"Missed you too baby." she whispers. She drags me upstairs and I sit on her lap on her bed.
"What happened to your face?" she asks and brushes her finger over my slap mark. I flinch and snuggle my head into her neck.
"O-Oh. It's no-nothing." I stumble on my words and I can feel a tear form in my eye.
"Baby what's going on?" Cathy asks me and I feel droplets fall out my eyes.

"M-My parents.... Well... My mum...." I struggle to find what to say."My mum hi-hits.." I gulp hard.
"She hits m-me but not my si-sister. I do-don't know why. Probably because she's yo-younger and-and better than me." I say. Cathy's face drops and she wraps her arms around my waist.
"Hun." she says and gives me a kiss."Why didn't you tell me before. If you ever need to, you can stay at mine. Any time necessary." she says and I sob hard into her chest. Cathy strokes my hair and gently kisses me. I start shaking. Cathy lies down with me and pulls the covers over us both. We're both dressed and I'm assuming Cathy had packed her bag for school. I curl up into Cathy's chest and close my eyes.

I wake up to Cathy gently shaking me.
"Jane hun, you fell asleep." she whispers. I groan and open my eyes.
"Four more minutes." I mumble and Cathy giggles. She picks me up and I wrap my legs around her waist and my arms around her neck. I lay my head on her shoulder and feel myself drift off again.

When I wake up I'm halfway to school, Cathy still carrying me. I realise my bag is on my back and my shoes are on.
"You're awake!" Cathy giggles. I place a kiss on her neck and lay my head in it's original place. Cathy giggles and moves my head off her shoulder.
"C'mon. It's time for school." she says and sits on a bench. I move myself next to her. She stands up and pulls me up by the hand.

I stumble but catch my balance and we walk to school.

-Time skip-

It's lunch time and I'm sat in the canteen with Cathy. I can hardly keep myself awake. I feel my eyes droop.

A few moments later I'm awoken once more by my beautiful girlfriend. Anne's giggling and Kat is on the floor laughing. I blush bright red and snuggle up into Cathy.
"Hey Jane. What's that?" Anne asks and points to my cheek. I cover it with my hands and I feel a tear form in my eye. I wipe it away. Cathy notices and shakes her head at Anne. Anne nods and no one says more about my cheek.

-Time skip-

I've just gotten home and run into my room. Tears welling up in my eyes. I curl up on my bed and cry.

My sister comes into our room and laughs.
"HEY MUM!" she calls down the stairs.
"Yes my presious?" my mum shouts back up.
"COME UP HERE!" My sister shouts and I hear footsteps come up the stairs. I cry even harder knowing what's about to happen.

My mum stops in the doorways and they both start laughing at me. My mum then walks over to me and whispers in my ear.
"Attic." I shudder as she pulls the attic ladder and it unfolds. She climbs up and climbs back down holding a black leather box. She takes out a whip and takes my top off. I feel tears streaming down my face and she raises the whip and slams it down on my back. I wince in pain and she does it 3 more times.

My mother and sister leave and I sit on my bed shaking in fear and pain. I grab my phone and call Cathy.

C-Cathy J-Jane

C-Baby?

J-I-I'm coming to you-your house.

C-Ok.love you.

J-Love you-you too.

I end the call and pull on a hoodie. I wince in pain as the fabric brushes against my open wound. I run out the front door and to Cathy's house. My back aching all the way there. I reach her house and rapidly knock on the door. Cathy answers and I fling myself into her arms.
"Hel-Help it hurts so-so bad." I sob into Cathy's arm. She takes me upstairs.
"What does?" she asks once we reach her bedroom. I pull my hoodie off and turn around. Cathy gasps.
"Who did this to you?" she asks and I breakdown. Eventually I manage to get out my words.

She walks into her bathroom and pulls out a fist-aid kit. She wraps up my cut and holds me tightly. I end up falling asleep.

(This was kinda long but hey ho. Anyways the bby Jane...)