𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

the twenty four year old woman walked through the halls of the front man's office—well, 'offices'. to a normal person being in (name) position, they would easily get confused and frustrated. (name) felt that as well, during her first few days of working there. being the front man's secretary, she had jobs such as bringing him tea, arranging dates, figuring out what games to set up, so and so.

unlike the other squid game guards, she didn't need a mask. it was fully optional for her. she only needed to drug her family and friends to they would forget about her. the squid game guards, the VIPs, the players and front man are the only ones who are allowed to see her face. her name however, only the front man and guards know. others call her by her title: the handler.

during her first day working for the front man, she easily got lost. the whole place was like a maze. the front man surprisingly didn't mind at all. another problem for her was that she often didn't know the location of the front man when he requested her to do something. sometimes he'd be in his office. sometimes he'd be in monitoring room. so being the brutally honest person she was back then, she had asked him to give her a straight schedule of his whereabouts. and of course, he agreed.

after a couple of years of working with him, she memorized his whole schedule and knew exactly where to go. in the mornings, he would be in his office, and would request her to make him some tea. in the afternoons, he would be in the monitoring rooms, and would ask her to update the statuses of the players.

she also learnt a lot of self defense techniques during those years. she now knows how to dodge bullets, swing knives and swords, and more. it was compulsory for her to learn those in case one of the players assault her.

if a player knows who one of the squid game guards are, the front man kills the guard. it would be the same for (name) if a player recognises her, but the front man wouldn't kill her because he has somewhat a softer side for her. killing her would be the last thing he'd ever do.

back to the present, the said secretary had reached the front man's office. she knocked on the door with her gloved hand and waited for an answer. the front man was her superior, so she wasn't allowed to talk before him.

"come in." she heard the familiar deep voice of the front man.

she opened the door, and walked inside, seeing the mask-less face of the front man. (name) was already used to seeing his face. he matches the description of a 'handsome man in his middle twenties'. combed black hair, dark brownish-black orbs which matches with his light skin. anyone would fall for him within the blink of an eye. (name) however accepted their relationship as 'boss and his secretary'.

"(name), this year's games are going to be a bit different. you are not going to monitor the players. instead, you are going to stay with the guards who are leading the players to the games. you are stronger than all the guards, even without a gun. some of this year's players are very... violent. way more violent than the previous years. so you will be making sure that there are no violence during the games." he explained, sipping his tea. she nodded, "yes, of course, sir." she said formally. "and also... i have a simple request." he motioned her to go on. "i am currently working on replacing blood cells. medical science was my major in university after all. so may i collect a sample of blood of all the deceased?" she asked. the front man thought about it for a second before eventually nodding in agreement. "very well. it will probably be useful for future circumstances. just be safe and try not to get infected if the blood is bacterial." he replied. (name) bowed slightly. "yes sir, thank you sir." she thanked. "you are dismissed." the front man concluded. (name) nodded and walked out the room, closing the door behind her.

she leaned against the door for a split second, thinking about what she's doing.

'is this the right thing? i'm watching people get killed in the most brutal ways possible... i don't feel bad for them at all... what am i doing with my life?'

with that, she was walking back to her office, ignoring her train of thoughts.

-

"this place is so empty. the fact that it'll be flooding with over four hundred players tomorrow just runs chills down my spine." the woman commented to herself, scanning the huge room which has many tall bunk beds.

"the first game is red light green light i think... i remember when i used to play that game with all my old friends. wow, i used to be such a brat back then. it's embarrassing to think about." she sighed and decided to walk back to her office.

"well i better get ready for the game then."