𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

"hey, (name)." the blonde american male called out to his friend who was zoning out again. the latter only hummed in a motion to go on. "do you want to team up with that group over there? they seem pretty strong." rae asked, pointing to a group of gangsters. (name) stared at the squid game guards for a minute before standing up and turning to rae. the male was taller than her. her head only reached his shoulder.

(name) placed her arm around his shoulder, turning to the group of gangsters. "see that guy right there?" she asked, pointing to a guy with a tattoo on his arm. rae nodded. "he betrayed his 'friend'. he pushed one of his gang members in front of him so he wouldn't die. his friend ended up being forced to die. and you see those tattoos those guys have? it means that they're part of a dangerous gang. they'll only use you as a sacrifice." she explained and took her arm off of his shoulder.

"i see." rae mumbled. "yeah. if they approach you, don't look up. just ignore them." (name) advised and sat down again, leaning back against one of the beds. "then why don't we create a team with other good people?" rae suggested. "if you want to join a group so badly, then you don't need to ask. go on." (name) replied boredly. "these are games of trust and knowledge. some people you can't trust. they'll use you as a plain old sacrifice. but if you're okay with being thrown into the battlefield, against your own will, then sure, join a group." she mumbled. "and you?" rae asked. "i don't trust anyone here, even if they aren't gangsters." (name) replied simply.

rae thought about it for a while before finally making his decision. "i'll stay with you. i don't trust anyone here either... well, except you. but you won't betray me or anything, right?" he asked. "like i said before, i don't care if i live or die. any fate is fine for me. so i'm just going through all these games peacefully." (name) replied flatly. "so that's a no?" "you could say that."

(name) woke up to the sound of her alarm clock. her (eye colour) orbs stared up at the white ceiling for a split second before she sat up, seeing that she was in her familiar plain room. sighing, she got up from her bed, and walked to the bathroom connected to her room. she got ready for the day and came out of the bathroom wearing her everyday formal attire, her hair combed, and her face freshly washed with a bit of light makeup.

she remembered how most of the players agreed to withdraw from the game, so they were given a choice to either leave or stay. some of them will probably come back, but they will probably come back tonight so (name) didn't have anything to do. she walked out of her room, closing the door behind her.

she walked through the halls of the headquarters to the front man's office to ask if she could go outside for a while. she walked past a line of guards who had triangles on their black masks. they seemed like they were walking somewhere. it was quite suspicious that they are walking somewhat directly after they were woken up, so (name) asked where they were going. "you five." she called. the guards turned their heads towards her. "yes ma'am?" the guard at the front of the line asked. "where are you going? the announcement to wake up was just a few minutes ago. where are you going so early?" (name) asked. "some of the military guards are feeling a bit sick so we're getting some medicine from the medical room." the same guard explained. "ah okay. tell me if you need anything." (name) replied and continued to walk to the front man's office.

once she got there, she stopped in front of his door, raising her fist to knock on it. she heard a faint "come in" so she opened the door and walked inside. "(name). is there a problem?" the front man asked. he was casually sitting on his couch, mask still on. "sir, i saw five of the military guards walking somewhere. it felt quite suspicious to me. after all, they were literally dismissed to do their jobs a few minutes ago. they told me that some of the military guards were sick when i asked. but if some of them were sick, only two of them would need to go. they were acting a bit suspicious during the first game as well. it was as if they were helping one of the players." (name) explained. the front man took in all the information and nodded. i'll see if they're doing anything through the cameras. is that all you need to say?" he replied. "i don't have any jobs to do today, so may i go outside for a quick walk around seoul?" (name) asked. the front man didn't say anything for a second, but then agreed. "alright then. just come back before evening." he advised. (name) nodded and bowed in appreciation. "thank you, sir." she thanked before walking out of the room, closing the door behind her.