𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

"lady (name), are you sure you don't want to stay here any longer?" a squid game guard with a triangle on his mask asked his superior as he watched her walk up the ramp to the huge ship. "yes." (name) replied simply, walking over to one of the railings, looking down at the ocean. wind started to blow through her hair as she looked over at the city of seoul one last time. but when she did, she caught sight of a little boy screaming, angry and sad tears streaming down his little face. "come back!!" he yelled. behind him was aya and ji-ran, holding their son back as tears were streaming down their cheeks as well.

(name) looked away from the upsetting scene, not wanting any guilt to wash over her. instead, she took out the little white box xie-han gave her. she opened it and saw that the gift was a (favourite colour) brooch. it looked really expensive. but who is she to judge? xie-han was a rich girl.

(name) took it out of the box and attached it to her business coat. it looked really nice. she decided not to throw it away. she turned back to look at the sky. it was almost evening. the sun was slowly starting to set.

by the time the ship was getting close to the island, another ship was going toward the city. but when (name) looked back at seoul one more time, she spotted another person there.

she knew exactly who it was.

it was another one of her former classmates, and police officer,

hwang jun-ho.

this was going to be a problem.

-

after the ship had stopped, (name) quickly got off and walked towards the guards with squares on their masks who were going to make sure all the other guards were doing their jobs properly. "you four. i have a feeling that someone is going to sneak into the headquarters today. make sure to check everyone here." she instructed and walked into the building.

she knew that they would inform the front man, so she went directly to the surveillance room. she walked over to the guard who was responsible for watching the outside of the building to make sure that there isn't any intruders.

"may i use this computer for a second?" she asked the guard who immediately nodded and stood up from his seat. "thank you." (name) thanked and took out a small usb stick from her skirt pocket. she plugged it in the computer and transferred a copy of the security data in her usb. after that, she ejected the usb from the computer and took it out. "thank you again." she said to the guard before walking back to her office using the elevator.

once she got to her office, she plugged in the usb stick to her computer and opened up the camera footage. she looked around the outside of the building through the security camera. there was nothing suspicious at the moment. the big vans the guards use to collect all the players were all lined up perfectly. everything was going fine, but she noticed that some of the guards were talking to one of the guards who drove one of the last vans.

a few seconds later, all the guards had walked off to their rooms to rest for the night. (name) knew something wasn't right. there definitely was an intruder. she didn't know who is was, and what the guards with the square shapes on their masks said to the one with a circle on his mask. either way, her trust for all the guards were slowly turning into thin lines. first the military who were supposedly going to the medical room, and now this.

what are they hiding?

-

a woman with platinum blonde hair and dark brown eyes sat on her bed with a confused expression. what just happened?

she took a moment to think about what happened.

oh right.

she needed the money, so she decided to continue participating in the games.