Chapter 1

"Coming Home" - Keith Urban ft. Julia Michaels

"You ready Connors?"

I adjust my comms to make sure it's secure. "You guys just focus on covering me, I'll take care of the hard stuff."

"Confident isn't she? I got twenty says you get caught."

Bad move. "A hundred says I don't get touched."

"You're both on the same team, why are you betting against her?"

"I'm just trying to add some more fun to this."

Unfortunately for them, I love a good challenge. And I don't like to lose. "Alright I see a clearing. I'm going in."

"Don't cheat Connors. No powers."

I smile and I position myself. "Like I need them."

I step out of hiding and make a run for the end of the field.

"I've got her!" someone calls out, and I see someone running straight towards me. But before I'm intercepted another body gets in their way and holds them back.

Before I can get too far I see an arm swing right at me and I pull back to avoid getting hit. They turn around and swing their leg around to try and kick me and I duck down before starting to run again.

"What the hell Williams? You're supposed to cover me." I say as I continue to run forward.

"And lose the bet? I don't think so."

"Stop screwing around and cover her!"

I'm dodging oncoming opponents, literally trying to avoid getting touched at all, and so far it's going good. But then I see a group coming straight towards me and there isn't a way I can turn without getting caught. Normally I would use my powers to fly over, but considering no one else has powers, I'm not allowed to use them. So I have to be clever.

I make a move like I'm going to go right, causing one of them to step forward and to try and catch me. I quickly jerk left, sliding in between the legs of someone else and quickly get up and continue running. I see someone else coming towards me, but luckily I have some help this time. I jump up and grab onto a high bar and lift myself high enough that I can move over the person and land back down behind them. By the time they turned around someone from my team has already grabbed them and taken them down.

And just like that I make it to the end, ringing the bell and ending the game.

The room fills with cheers from my team, and complains from the losing one as I start to get surrounded with people congratulating me.

The game was, first person to get someone to the other side and ring the bell, wins. Anything goes when it comes to stopping the players as long as the playing field is fair. It's a game they like to play here at the London S.H.I.E.L.D. facility.

Which is where I've been for the past three months.

There was an important mission brought up by S.H.I.E.L.D. An undercover mission that was going to take place in England. It was high stakes and they wanted one of the Avengers to take the lead on it. Unfortunately the majority of the Avenger are highly recognizable and would easily be caught.

Except for it's newest one. So I agreed to take on the mission.

Much to the dismay of one Steve Rogers.

It had only been a few weeks since Steve and I officially went public with our relationship when I decided to go on this mission. And it seemed almost unfair that after fighting so hard to be free to be together, we were going to be separated. Especially when I only had about three weeks after agreeing before I had to leave.