Chapter 9

"Don't You" - Taylor Swift

I've fought countless battles both here and on Revenia, and yet I'd take any of those fights over what I'm about to do right now. I look around at the 11 pairs of eyes watching me right now waiting for me to start the meeting. We've gathered everyone up ready to give them a breakdown of our plan for Loki.

I know most, if not all of them, are not really going to like it, which is why we need to convince them that this is how things need to be.

Steve, Nat, Clint, Wanda, Sam, Vision, Rhodey, and Thor are all sitting around the table while Bucky leans back against the wall. He's clearly not happy to be here but I know he's here because Steve asked him to be. Bruce and Tony are on either side of me, already in on the plan since they helped me develop it.

"Okay." I say, not really knowing how to start this. There's a few things that I asked Tony for, that he really didn't like about this whole thing, so I can only imagine how everyone else is going to react. That's why I'm so nervous, that's why I can't even think of a coherent thought to put together.

"Okay." I repeat, trying to get my brain to think of anything other than that word to say. "Um..." Yeah, not any better. "Take it away Tony." I quickly say as I back away and let him take the lead.

He rolls his eyes at me, but does eventually step forward. "Alright." he says as he sets the ankle monitor he developed on the table. "This is the device that Bruce and I have put together. It will track every single one of Loki's movements so we know exactly where he is at all times and so that he doesn't wander anywhere he's not supposed to. He will not have access to the main S.H.I.E.L.D. building, weapons room, main files, or anything he can use to cause mischief."

I can see everyone take in the information, and I can also see as it clicks in their heads the location Tony didn't mention.

"He'll have access to our apartment complex?" Clint asks, already not liking this. I can see everyone start to get concerned.

Tony was expecting this, and I can see him a little worried everyone won't stay calm. "He will be blocked from our rooms, but yes. The living room, kitchen, and basic gym area will be available to him. He will have a curfew and will have to return to cell on time every night."

I know we're asking A LOT from everyone, but this area is the only place that makes sense to let him wander. He needs a basic living situation so that he feels a sense of normalcy.

"He won't have a room here?" Wanda asks, and it almost sounds like there's some sympathy in his tone. Something I greatly appreciate from her.

"It will be his cell for now, and if he shows us we can trust him, then we will think about getting him one." Tony says. "With a few extra security features." he adds on.

"What happens if he breaks his curfew or tries to go somewhere he's not supposed to." Sam asks, and despite how understanding I know he's been trying to be, he's nothing but serious about this information.

"Well, let's just say it's going to hurt." Bruce says, and I can tell he, and almost everyone around, seems to like that idea a little too much.

"And that thing is going to dampen his powers right." Rhodey asks, and suddenly my palms start sweating more than before.

Tony gives me a quick glance before turning back and clearing his throat. "With Thor's help we were able to customize the energy it exudes in order to block Loki's magic if we choose to do so."

I can see everyone's eyes surge forward, and it is clear they all caught it.

"If?" Rhodey asks, "Why is it if?"