Chapter 4

"Get it Right" - Glee Cast

Twenty minutes.

I had twenty minutes before I had to get on a quinjet and go to D.C. to meet up with Nick Fury and tell him of the plan to bring Loki here. And I know that is not going to go well.

But I can't even concentrate on that. Because right now the only thing on my mind right now  is finding Steve and getting a chance to talk to him. I know Tony told me not to worry about this and to just focus on my meeting with Fury, but I can't just let him run away like this without letting me explain myself. I told Tony I was just going to my room to change, but I'm pretty sure he knows I was lying. Because the second I could I bolted out the door and tried to find the direction that Steve was heading.

I run out of the conference room and look around, but I see no trace of Steve anywhere. I see a few S.H.I.E.L.D. agents standing nearby and I figure they have to have seen him leave.

"Did you guys see Steve?" I ask, not really stopping my movement.

"Yeah, he took off that way." one of them says, extending their hand out towards the right. I run with full force trying to see If I can catch him before he heads too far. Every agent I pass I ask them if they've seen Steve. Some give me vague directions, some shrug their shoulders, and some take so long to answer I don't even bother slowing down to hear them. I just keep running, calling out to him while not even knowing for sure if I'm even going the right way.

Those that have seen Steve know something is wrong, probably based on the way he stormed out. Those that didn't now definitely know something is wrong, based on the way I'm frantically looking for him.

I find myself near the hangar and I panic, wondering if he ran in there and grabbed a quinjet. He could literally go anywhere and I would never find him. I could track the quinjet, but there's no guarantee he wouldn't just abandon it and take off on foot.

I make a quick turn into the hangar and instantly start asking around to see if anyone has seen him, when suddenly I crash into someone who was going the opposite way.

"What's the rush Connors?" Ana says, as she backs away from me, her long blonde hair swaying freely instead of her usual slick ponytail.

Ana and I have had a pretty civil relationship since she found out about Steve and I. Were not exactly friends considering she spent a good amount of the time that I've known her trying to flirt with Steve, including when he and I were together. But in her defense she didn't actually know we were together, and ever since she found out she has been respectful of our relationship.

For the most part.

"I'm just looking for Steve." I say, trying to look past her and into the hangar.

"He didn't go in there." she says as she watches me curiously. "Trouble in paradise?" she asks, a smug look on her face. "Should I shoot my shot now."

I can't help but roll my eyes. "Give it up Ana. He's not interested in you."

She smiles. "Why do you assume I was talking about Steve?" she says with a wink.

I roll my eyes even harder. "Ana, I don't have time for this. Did you see Steve or not?" I ask.

She sees the seriousness in my face and seems to have some compassion. "I saw him storm off that way." she says, tilting her head towards the left of the hangar. "He was talking with Bucky and I heard him say something about a bike."

Shit. Here I was worried about him taking a jet, when the easiest thing to grab was a motorcycle.

He's long gone by now.