CHAPTER EIGHT: See You Later

I don't think any of us slept that night.

Once we had all calmed down from the call from Doflamingo, we had headed over to the Dadan House, and I explained the situation as best I could, skipping and changing the details on who exactly we were dealing with.

Dadan had been softer that night. Kinder, and making sure we were all well fed and comfortable, though even the boys had lost their usual demonic appetites.

In the morning, I had awoken alone, and it made me feel sick. I would have to get used to that again, and I didn't want to. There had been a time before where I had gotten used to being next to people, so I knew all too well how hard it would be to go back to complete and utter loneliness.

Eventually, however, Luffy came to fetch me, eagerly dragging me by the hand off into the forest.
"Where are you taking me?" I asked, not fighting him in the slightest.
"To something super important, so hurry up!" He responded, seeming excited and tense at the same time, which wasn't completely out of the ordinary for him.

On and on we went, until we hit a clearing, and there I saw Sabo, standing before a large tree stump, a bottle and four small bowls on top of it.
"Finally! I was about to come looking for you two myself!" He greeted, waving us over with vigor. It was then that I noticed Ace, sitting off to the side beneath a tree with his arms tightly folded across his chest.

Approaching the stump, I studied what had been laid out carefully.
"Uh, why do you have alcohol..?" I was beyond confused at this point. Did they want to take playing pirates to the next level and booze it up like they did as a last hurrah?

"I'm so glad you asked! Take a seat and I'll explain!" Sabo motioned for me to kneel, and I did as he instructed, continuously glancing over to Ace, who didn't seem like he wanted to be present. "Okay, so-"

"You're gonna be our sister!" Luffy interjected, earning himself a smack up the side of the head from a ticked off blond.
"You idiot! I was leading up to that!" He barked, quickly composing himself. "So, yeah, basically, by sharing a cup of sake, you can become brothers. Well, sister, in your case. We all did it ages ago, before we met you, but since you're...well, leaving, we wanted to make sure we're all bonded."

Wait...do they really mean that..?

I was silent for a while as I stared at them, unsure as to whether they were being serious or not.
"Wait...so...you actually want me...to be your sister..? A..and you'd be my brothers..?" I tried to make sense of it, and they both nodded with equal exuberance.

"Yep! You'll be an awesome sister! We're super cool brothers, too!" Luffy thumbed at himself with a grin, and I very nearly choked up then and there.
"So, what'dya say, (Y/N)? Wanna do it?" Sabo picked up the bottle, waiting for my confirmation, and I had to swallow back my overwhelming emotions.

"Y..yeah..! I really do!" There was no possible way I could contain my grin, and I didn't want to. Even though I was terrified about what was to come, this brought me an immense amount of comfort.
"Sweet! Oi, Ace, quit pouting and get over here!" Sabo turned to address the sulking ravonet, and he shot one of his most vicious glares yet in our direction.

"Piss off! No way no how is she becoming my sister!" He growled, arms folded so tight across his chest that I was surprised he could breathe. I wouldn't lie, it stung a little (lot), but he had obviously made up his mind, so there was no point in trying to persuade him.

"Oh, I get it." Sabo snickered, giving the brim of his hat a little flick. "You just don't want her to be your sister because you wanna ma-" I'd seen Ace move fast plenty of times, but never as fast as I saw him get up and tackle Sabo.