CHAPTER THIRTY THREE: Little Brother

"Are you sure this is his ship? Are you sure it's actually him? Aaaaah, what if he doesn't even remember me?"

If I had had the room to pace on The Striker, I would have, but instead I just gnawed on my nails, sitting on the one part of the back that didn't get unbearably hot as Ace hitched us to the back of a cute little ship.

"Relax, love. I spoke to him, so there's no mistake. You should be excited, not nervous." Ace chuckled, offering me his hand. He was right, but it was hard not to be. It had been over a decade. What if he didn't want to be my friend anymore? My brother?

"Yeah...You're right..." I murmured, accepting his hand and stepping over to him, climbing onto his back. I clung tight as he bent his knees and launched himself upwards with great force, keeping my eyes closed and my face buried into his bare shoulder. I wasn't usually a shy person, but it had been so long, and I knew how Luffy could be forgetful. 

Once we had landed, there was a few long moments of silence, and I remained hidden. There were a few unintelligible murmurs before a very familiar laugh. 
"Hey, Ace! Guys, this is my big brother! Ace!" Luffy's voice had deepened, yes, but it was still so obviously him. There was no mistaking it. 

"Thank you for taking such good care of my troublesome little brother." Ace greeted whoever else was on board and I felt him tip his hat before he nudged his head into mine. "Are you seriously just going to hide? Not exactly polite." 

He's right. Why am I so nervous all of a sudden? 

Taking a deep breath, I carefully climbed off of my husband's back and down off the railing he had perched himself upon, finally looking up to see who I had missed for so many years. Luffy had changed so much, yet somehow he was exactly the same. 

"Luffy..!' I couldn't contain my nervous excitement as I dashed forward and threw my arms around his neck, completely uncaring of our little audience. He caught the both of us before we could topple over, but his expression was one of confusion. 

"Uh..? Do I know you?" Luffy asked, prying me off and holding me at arms length. I was a little disheartened at that, but I sucked it up, tilting my head and smiling, trying not to get too emotional and freak him out. 
"I..It's me. (Y/N)...Long time no see, huh, Luff?" 

I could see the cogs spinning inside of his head as he stared at me, but slowly, surely, his eyes lit up, and his lips stretched into the largest of grins. 
"Holy crap! It's you!" He cried out, yanking me back in and coiling his rubbery arms around my middle two times over.

"Uh, so, Luffy, if he's your brother, who's she..?" I glanced down to find a small...raccoon? No, he had antlers. A deer? Reindeer, perhaps? Either way, he was wearing a hat and I immediately found him adorable.

"My sister!" / "My wife!"

Luffy's face scrunched up when he spun to look at Ace, obviously horrified by the revelation.
"Ew, you two got married?" He shuddered as he released me from his coiled hold, and I laughed.

"Shocking, huh? But yeah...he asked, and I didn't have anything better to do, so..." Ace hopped down from the railing and pouted, arms crossing over his bare chest.
"Oh, please. You are so in love with me."

"Who can blame you? Such a divine beauty. May I offer you some tea? Something to eat?" A blond man twirled his way over to me, lifting my hand to his lips to press a kiss to my knuckles, and I felt the temperature in Ace's direction rise, just a little.

"Uh, tea would actually be amazing, um..?" I slowly retracted my hand, a little unnerved by the hearts where his eyes should have been.
"Sanji. At your service, my dear." He bowed in an overly formal way, and it took a lot not to cringe.