Something just like this

We have just gotten home from school and we are waiting for the rest of the family to arrive. Larzo sent me upstairs to get ready, and he said to dress in something comfortable because I will likely be crushed by the hugs.

I changed into some simple clothes (above) and left my hair in beach waves. I sit on my phone and scroll though my Instagram and I see old photos of me, most of them I'm just sat smoking and drinking. I need to get out of this house soon before I lose my touch. 

A knock at my door brakes me from my thoughts. 

"Come in." Ezio pokes his head through the door with a slight smile. 

"Come on, there almost here." He tells me. I put my phone which Alfonso got me in my back pocket and followed him down. We go into the living room by the front door and find the rest of our brothers there on couches and chairs. I sit down beside Larzo and Riccardo who glance over at me. Larzo immediately notices my shaking leg; I might be a bit nervous. 

"Relax bambina, they loved you when you were little, they'll love you even more now your older." He tries to reassure. Key word 'tries'. I just offer him a weak smile and hear Enzo chuckle. 

"And to think she was the favourite out of us all."  He mutters to his twin who chuckles himself. 

We sit in comfortable, and anxious for me, silence. That was until the sound of an engine runs up the driveway and the front door is flung open. A woman who looks to be in her 60s maybe 70s, flies through and all my brothers run up to her screaming 'Nonna'. She returns their hugs as she admire each of their faces perfectly. A man who seems to be her husband walks in, his face stone and cold like Alfonso's, but his eyes warm and loving once they see 'Nonna' as he wraps his arms around her waist. Then two middle-aged women enter, both dressed in designer dresses just like the older woman. They hold gucci purses and loving smiles as they look at my brothers. Then, I assume, their husbands and another man walk in with Alfonso, all four of them joking around. Then another six people follow in after, five men and one woman, all of them looking mid twenties at most. 

I'm broken out of my scan of the people as 'Nonna' shouts at Dante and Riccardo, "Where is my granddaughter?!" 

My brothers look around the room along with the other people. Enzo finds that I haven't moved from my spot on the couch and tells me to walk over with 'that' look. 

I get up from my seat and make my way through my brothers to 'Nonna'. Once she sees me tears start to form in her old grey eyes and her hand flies to her mouth. Her husband stands behind her with, what looks to be, relief in his eyes.  

" Mio nipote è diventato così grande!" She says. I decide I'm gonna keep the fact I understand Italian a secret for now. I'm nosey and now the other are here I might find out some interesting stuff. 

(My grandbaby has gotten so big!)

She grabs me by my shoulders and brings me into a hug. A very tight hug, just like Larzo said. I feel another pair of arms wrap around the both of us, looking up I see her husband hugging us both, he looks down at me with calm eyes. This happens to shock everyone as I hear gasps around the room, he's probably a robot like Alfonso. 

We all pull away from the hug and she looks in my eyes while holding my cheeks, "Your beautiful dear." She tells me. 

"Thank you" I say as I watch her look me up and down. Her gaze however turn scary as she lands on my stomach, which I find confusing. 

"Have you not been feeding her! Shes all bone! Wheres the fat!" Her eyes turn to a, very very pale, Alfonso. 

"No! We do! She just does a lot of sports and she's naturally very skinny!" He says as he backs away with the others. I guess 'Nonna' is the one to look out for. 

"Is that true?" Her eyes land on me. 

"Yeah. They usually whinge at me for eating their leftovers." I reply, and all my brothers turn to me with a glare, all knowing how right I am with that statement. I love my food. 

"Well, now that I'm here you wont have to steal their food. Now, I am your Nonna and this is your Nonno." I giggle at her statement. She seems like that kind of grandmother that wants nice plump grandchildren. She motions to the man behind her. 

He comes up to me and pulls me into another hug of his own, kissing the crown of my head he mutters, "Welcome home little princess." 

"I'm not that little" I respond making him chuckle. He looks down at my 5'3 frame while he stands well over 6ft. 

"Okay our turn!" The two other women yell as I am dragged from Nonno's grasp into their hands. They look at me at arms length while their grinning husbands stand behind them. 

The one in the white romper and black hair grabs my attention. "Hello Adriana, I'm your Aunt Angela, and that thing," She motions to her husband behind her who is now glaring playful daggers in her head, making my chuckle. "Is my husband, your Uncle Franco." 

The woman next to her in the navy blazer and white blouse speaks next. "I am your Aunt Ella and this is your Uncle Giovanni." Her husband smiles at me. He looks exactly like my Uncle Franco, with his slick black hair and emerald eyes, and standing tall like Nonno and my brothers. 

"Okay Mama, Aunt Ella give us our cousin" A teenage boy with black hair and green eyes pulls me into a hug before I even know what going on.

"Hi Adriana, I'm Enrico, your cousin, I've missed you so much." I go to reply but I can't as my face is hidden in his chest.

"Let go of her you idiot or she wont be able to breathe." A female voice snaps and I am pulled away from suffocation. 

"Sorry about him." I turn to Enrico who offers me a excited yet apologetic smile. Her hair is long and brown, eyes green also. She' around my height and gives me a caring smile. 

"I'm your cousin Eva. That's my husband Gavino. Thank god your home, theres too many boys here." She whispers the last part in my ear as she hugs me, calmly unlike the others, making me laugh. Shes not wrong there. 

"Come on, I'll make sure you can still breathe after this." She says as she pulls away. She takes me to the man beside Alfonso who looks like his twin to put it simply. They're practically the same except he has softer features compared to my brother. 

"This is Marco, that is Gino." She point to Marco and the boy looking like a teenage version of him, Gino, they both give me a adoring smile and a quick hug as I am brought to another boy by Gavino. 

"And that, unfortunately, is my brother Nario." Eva tells me. The boy in front of me is definatly one of the youngest, you can tell by his facial features, which still look older than his age, 18, but not older than the others. He brings me into a soft hug. "It's nice to properly meet you." He says and I reply with a 'you too'.

Maybe a large family isn't so bad. I mean, I've always wanted one.