Home

Alfonso's POV:

We set off to the airport, Larzo called Blake on the way and he's meeting us there with his teams. We met up outside the warehouse we believed she was being held, all of us armed to the teeth. The last half an hour was spent devising a plan for killing all of the Russians inside and getting Adriana back.

"Is everyone ready?" I ask, glancing at my family, Blake and the members of the two mafias before me.

"Yes." They all chorus together.

We all move into position, going off into our groups of four. My group consisted of myself, Blake, Riccardo and Larzo.

"On my count." I say through the radio.

"1...2...3"

After kicking open the metal door, Larzo through the smoke grenade inside the building, and we all charged inside, guns blazing.

The gunfire went on for god knows how long, but eventually, we had killed all of the Russians. Blood was spattered across our faces, hands, clothes. Anywhere that could be painted, was painted.

"Anyone found her?" I ask as we all meet up in the middle of the aeroplane hanger.

I watch in annoyance and disappointment as they all shake their heads 'no'.

"Boss, you need to come look at this. Downstairs in the basement." One of the American men say through the radio, talking to Blake.

"We're on our way." Blake answers as we make our way to the metal stairs in the corner of the building.

Only Blake, Nonno, Gavino and I went down, guns in hand ready for anything. As we walked down the corridors, all I could do was pray that she was down there, unharmed.

Once we spot the men outside an iron door, we walk inside. Holding my breath as I glance around the room, I see something that shocks me.

A bench in the corner of the room has been pulled out, revealing a hole in the wall, one that would have taken months, if not years to dig.

"She got out." Blake mutters, a smile forming on his face.

The others all stand there, chuckling in admiration of her independence. Everyone but Nonno and I.

"If she's not here, then where is she?" I finally speak, causing them all to glance at me.

"And who with?" Nonno adds, pointing towards the pile of ripped large clothes in the corner of the room.

Adriana's POV:

Trudging through the piles of yellow and green, newly fallen as the winter weather turns warmer, coming as quite a shock, I follow the moss on the trees pointing north.

"How do you know where we're going?" His horse voice asks from behind me.

"When they took me I saw through the hood a bit, we were heading south." I tell him.

"So how do you know we're going the right way?" He asks again.

"Moss grows on the north side of trees." I point over to a thick rooted tree trunk beside us, where the dark green moss is spread around the sides.

"Your smart for a kid." He says, a grin on his face.

"I'm sixteen, hardly a kid." I answer with a mock frown.

Chuckling, we continued our way through the trees. After, what must have been a few miles, we arrived at a long twisting road.

"Any idea where to go now?" I askim, glancing from one direction to the other.

"Ive been held captive for the past year and a half, how would I know where we are?" He says, clearly annoyed now.

"Well your the adult!" I yell, getting annoyed myself.

"I'm covered in 18 months worth of dirt! How do I pass for an adult!?" He shouts back.

"I don't know where we are!" I scream.

"You don't know how to get to New York but you know how to go north!?" He says, his face getting red as he waves his hands in the air.

"It's basic survivals skills!" I shout back.

"You live in New York!" He yells back, extremely pissed.

"After 14 years of living in England!"

He goes to say something back, but we were cut off by a blaring car horn, and a pair of blazing head lights. Unfortunately, they just happened to be heading our way. Fortunately, Adriano pushed us both out of the way just in time.

As the people all piled out of the car, Adriano and I got up and just glanced at each other, then yelled

"What the Fuck!"

Once the people came into view, the real yelling started.

"Adriana!

DAD!"