Chapter Two: Talking Big

Rainbow smirked as her eyes followed the silhouette passing her desk. She cleared her throat loudly.

"Listen, Apples. It's not a big deal. I've always known you thought I was strong, there's no need to deny it."

"I just got here and that's the first thing you're gunna say to me? Really?" Applejack scowled as she settled into her seat. Rainbow grinned innocently.

"Yup, why?" she said.

"You sure are full of yourself," AJ muttered with a frown.

Either Rainbow Dash hadn't heard the insult or simply decided to ignore it. The blonde genuinely couldn't tell as Dash smirked widely and continued, "But I'm flattered, really."

Applejack opened her mouth to retort but quickly snapped it shut. She realized it wasn't worth the effort and decided to let it slide for now. Rainbow would get over herself soon enough. "Good mornin' to you too, Rainbow," she said sarcastically instead.

"Right, my bad. Hey AJ," Dash greeted. Her grin widened as she scooted her desk closer to the other girl's. "Do you want an autograph too?" she asked.

"Awful sweet of ya, but no thanks," Applejack answered immediately. Without warning, she put her hands on Dash's desk and shoved it right back into place, earning a surprised yelp from the girl who nearly fell off her seat.

"Hey! Not cool!"

"Oh, sorry. Thought y'all were strong enough for that," Applejack mocked. Rainbow glared at her.

"You two seem to be having fun."

The two turned to identify the voice. Sunset Shimmer smiled at them.

"Hey, Sunset Shimmer," Rainbow greeted.

"Hey," Sunset greeted back. She took a seat behind Rainbow's desk. "What's got you so lively in the morning?"

The corners of Rainbow's mouth jerked into wicked grin. "Listen to this," she said cheekily.

"No, don't," Applejack interrupted, staring daggers into the girl.

"Okay, so AJ is a little sensitive with the topic, but she thinks I'm-"

"Rainbow!"

Sunset stared between them with a raised eyebrow before shaking her head and laughing softly. "It's okay. You don't need to tell me," she said.

"Fine, it'll be our secret then," Rainbow said and nudged Applejack with an elbow.

The girl groaned in frustration and settled into silence as Dash chatted away with Sunset Shimmer. They were soon joined by their other friends, but AJ remained to herself.

"Wait," Rainbow said as she dropped her lunch tray on the table a little too hard, causing AJ to flinch in surprise. "Are you seriously mad at me?" she asked, slipping into the empty spot next to the blonde. Dash was the first of their friends to join her by the lunch table.

"No," Applejack answered, lifting a spoonful of stew to her lips.

"Okay. So do you want me to come over today?"

AJ's hand paused mid-air. She stared at Rainbow Dash. "Why?"

"You know. To help, or something," the girl said as she bit into her sandwich.

"After y'all been full of yourself the whole day? No thanks," AJ scoffed.

"So you are mad at me."