Chapter Eleven: Playing It Cool

A/N: two chapters in one day because people on instagram didn't think it was overkill :)

Ily all btw lol I haven't said that in a while <3

Chapter Eleven: Playing It Cool

"BESTEST PARTY TOMORROW AT MY PLACE, DON'T FORGET!" Pinkie Pie shouted in her megaphone. She was standing in the middle of the school hallway, waving around with an enormous grin.

"I don't think that's necessary, Pinkie Pie," Fluttershy told her.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT NECESSARY?" Pinkie asked, still through the megaphone. Fluttershy jerked away in panic. "OH OOPS, SORRY!" Pinkie added. She directed the megaphone and away repeated, "What do you mean it's not necessary?"

"Er- well, actually... Never mind," Fluttershy quietly managed.

Pinkie Pie was about to proceed with her uproar when the megaphone suddenly escaped from her grasp.

"I think the whole world knows about your party already, Pinkie," Rainbow Dash said, rolling her eyes and putting the megaphone away.

"Aww," Pinkie Pie grumbled with a pout. "But how do you know that for sure? What if someone doesn't know? What if they feel left out? I don't want anyone to feel left out!"

Rainbow Dash facepalmed. The school day had barely started; it was way too early for this. She grabbed Pinkie by the arm and started walking to the classroom. Fluttershy followed close behind.

"Deal with that later. We're going to be late."

"You care about that?" Pinkie asked in genuine surprise.

Rainbow Dash spun her head around to glare at the party girl. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Pinkie shrugged, grinning innocently. "I mean, you're like the most late person in class. The mostly late person? The latest oftenest?" Pinkie Pie frowned, thinking, before giggling at her own choice of words. "You know what I mean!"

"That's not true!" Rainbow defended.

"Hmmm. Maybe not. I mean, Applejack was late yesterday," Pinkie pointed out with a finger to her chin.

Rainbow Dash flinched slightly at the mention of the blonde. She sped up. "Yeah, and we'll be late today if you don't hurry."

Pinkie perked up at that. "Shoot, you're right!" she said hurriedly. She jerked her arm out of Dash's grasp and sprinted down the hallways, leaving Rainbow and Fluttershy behind.

"Okay, yeah. That's cool," Rainbow muttered with a roll of her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Fluttershy asked.

Rainbow Dash stared at her in surprise. She'd admittedly forgotten about the girl's presence. She cleared her throat. "Yeah, why?"

"Oh, okay. I'm just making sure," Fluttershy answered. She brought a hand up to tuck away her bangs. "It felt like you were in a bad mood, but maybe it was just my imagination."

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash answered plainly. She turned around and started walking again.

Fluttershy caught up to her. "Did something happen yesterday?"