Chapter Three: Do You?

A/N: you guys are so sweet with your constant love and support that I just had to write another chapter asap because idk how else to show my gratitude :') <3

Chapter Three: Do You?

Rainbow made her way down the school hallways towards the classroom door. She whistled to herself, feeling rather good about her choice of taking the high road. Applejack better be thankful to have such a mature and sensible friend.

She reached the door and raised an eyebrow when discovering it was already slightly cracked open. She waited momentarily to identify any potential noises from the other side, but there were none. Dash put a hand to the surface and slowly pushed the door open, peeking inside.

Applejack was alone, seated on her everyday spot by the windows. She was draped over the desk, face turned away from Rainbow Dash, who blinked at her in surprise, taking in the scene.

Was Applejack... sleeping? And in the middle of the classroom of all places? For one, napping at school was Rainbow's thing, but that's not all. Applejack was usually the one to disapprove most of Dash's habit to doze off. The polychromatic girl had lost count of the number of times AJ had nagged her to 'just sleep earlier if you're that tuckered out.'

Rainbow Dash smirked. Oh, how the tables have turned. She slipped into the classroom, briefly checking the time to make sure class wasn't starting any time soon, and closed the door behind her. She tiptoed her way towards the blonde, smirk widening.

The plan was to lean in and scream in the girl's ear to jerk her awake – a perfect revenge for all the times AJ had given her a hard time for napping at school. But just as she bent over, Applejack grunted lowly and shifted in her sleep, causing Rainbow to pause in her tracks. She held her breath. Did she wake her up?

Applejack turned her face around, and to RD's surprise, she actually hadn't woken her up. The girl was still asleep, apparently only adverting the position of her head to face the classroom door instead of the windows. Dash let herself breathe again, relieved she hadn't spoiled the prank.

Speaking of breathing... Something smelled good. Rainbow sniffed at the air. A sweet scent of freshly baked apple pie filled her senses.

Oh, wait.

Rainbow eyes widened, only now realizing how close she was to Applejack's face; she could even feel the girl's breath on her skin, so close that it nearly burned. Dash wasn't sure what one was expected to do in a situation like this, but she found herself autonomously studying the blonde's complexion, eyes once again fixated on those flawless freckles dusting her cheeks.

She felt fascinated – for lack of a better word to explain it. Despite having known Applejack for most of her life, she had never seen her face so up close before. Well, she had watched her while they were baking, but that was from the side. It wasn't the same. No, in fact, it was totally different. Applejack was a lot prettier from the front.

Any plans of a silly prank were long forgotten. Rainbow Dash was now rather concerned for her friend, realizing how exhausted she must be to fall asleep in the middle of the day like this. It was too out of character to ignore; the poor girl was probably working her ass off at the farm every day, trying to get everything done on her own.

For some unknown reason, in the midst of her deep thoughts, her eyes traveled further down AJ's face. They only stopped upon reaching her lips. They looked soft, so much that she felt the urge to reach a finger out and touch them. Her gaze lingered there for a while.

Soft... And pretty. Yeah, that's exactly what Rainbow was thinking. Not only the girl's lips – no, the whole thing. All of Applejack looked so soft and pretty where she sat by her desk, asleep and snoring gently.