Chapter Thirteen: Overflowing Emotions

A/N: I can't even begin to express how glad I am that you all enjoyed the last chapter. I read the comments and first of all, thank you so much for the praise and compliments. Being an author was my childhood dream that I put aside to aim for more realistic goals, but being able to write stories for fun and have people actually enjoy them makes me happier than anything else. Secondly, you're all so hilarious and never fail to make me laugh, so thank YOU for reading this and being so incredibly supportive. This is so much better than anything young Alice ever asked for<3

(tl;dr: ilysm)

Chapter Thirteen: Overflowing Emotions

The plan had been to act cool and play it off. Rainbow Dash had intended to go to the party and play the role of an innocent friend who had done nothing wrong. But apparently, Dash's brain didn't have a proper connection to her lips – if the fact that they were planted right on top of Applejack's was any indication of that.

The first thought that came to mind was how extremely warm and soft the blonde's lips were. Were all lips like this or was Applejack just perfect in every way possible? Rainbow Dash didn't know. She'd never kissed anyone before, after all.

The second thought was more of a revelation. She was kissing Applejack. Rainbow Dash was actually kissing her best friend. The athlete's entire face heated up like a kettle and practically blew up at the thought.

She stiffened, suddenly feeling insecure and conflicted. Kissing Applejack had to be the hardest thing she'd ever done in her life, and truthfully, she didn't know what to do next. Now that the first step was out of the way, how was she going to proceed? Was she supposed to make it slow, rough, or what?

Turns out she didn't have to do much more reflecting; Applejack appeared to have the perfect idea of how to take it from here. The girl brought a hand up to Rainbow's face, caressing it softly before tipping it to the side to allow herself more access. She moved her lips against the other's, slowly deepening the kiss, and Rainbow Dash reveled in the tenderness of it all. Applejack's lips on top of her own felt fricking amazing. All of her nerves were on fire, and it didn't get any better when AJ suddenly decided to brush her tongue across her bottom lip. Though Dash felt like she would combust at any given second, she still parted her lips to receive the blonde's tongue.

The sweet taste, the softness, the warmth – just everything about kissing Applejack was so dangerously awesome. Rainbow Dash could get addicted to this.

Neither girl was sure how long they stayed there, kissing on Pinkie Pie's patio stairs under the star-filled night sky while their friends and classmates partied on the other side of the door, but one thing was certain; Rainbow Dash was the first to pull away. Applejack calmly let it happen, but as the other was about to scoot away, she put her arms around her waist to keep her close. Dash's cheeks accumulated more heat as she studied the blonde's face, only inches away from her own. AJ was blushing, too, and the soft shade of pink looked perfect on her.

But the enthusiastic feelings faded quickly when Rainbow Dash realized the weight of her actions. She started panicking.

"I-I'm sorry," she blurted, scrambling away from the girl in a hurry.

Applejack's blinked at her. The only thing she managed to let out was a very uncertain "Huh?"

Rainbow Dash brought her hands up to cover her face and groaned. She just did that. After thorough planning of avoiding AJ until the strange feelings went away, she really just went and kissed the damn girl.

"I... I'm drunk," she mumbled. She rubbed at her eyes tiredly.

"You've been drinking?" Applejack asked in surprise.