my bad! - d.g

mission w nightwing
another unedited 3 am drop
y/s/n ya supahero name!
-------

It was late at night and you've been searching around the abandoned high school for around thirty minutes already. Not only was it creepy, it was cold! The entire place was super dark and you could only see what your flashlight allowed you to. You were ready to give up and go back home. Dick was checking out a different place but you both stayed on coms. You began making your way towards the exit and you spoke.

"There's nothing and no one here. You want me to meet up with you?"

Then your lovely boyfriend responded.

"Nothing here either. You wanna call it a night and watch a movie or.... Something else 😏?"

Before you could respond, you heard footsteps. Big ones. You began quickly sprinting the other way and spoke quietly.

"I stand corrected."

"Y/N what's going on?"

You turned off your coms before Dick could finish his sentence and you stayed quiet behind a wall, quickly turning your flashlight off. You hoped Dick took the hint that you were going to need backup. You already knew Bane knew you were here it was just a matter of when he would find you. He had escaped Arkham last month and no one was able to track him until some security footage from around town led you here.

"You're mistaken if you think I don't know your here little bird."

All you could continue to hear was his Darth Vader ass like breathing and his loud steps. It was pitch black without your flashlight so you simply began to quietly crawl the opposite direction of where the noise was coming from. You still didn't really know why out of all the places - Why the highschool? That was the least of your worries actually, you just needed to get out of there. You probably could take Bane on your own...If you could see. You didn't have any elements of surprise and frankly didn't know the location that well. Your best bet was just to escape. You stood from your crawl into a stance since there was no way he'd be able to see you either, you would just have to be quiet.

You tried to remember where the exit was and you kept tiptoeing before you were thrown against the lockers.

"THERE YOU ARE!"

You crumbled down into them and groaned before getting back up and trying to run away. He caught you again and punched you into a brick wall, then again, and again. Your ribs were definitely broken. There was no space in-between to fight back. He then pulled you from the wall and threw you at the glass entrance doors with blunt force. Due to the force, the doors shattered and the frames fell over. You were left on the ground impaled with glass and outside. Atleast you could see now! The sky was clear tonight and full of stars - It would have been beautiful if you weren't on the floor bleeding. Your head hurt like hell and your back didn't feel any better. You kind of just wanted to lay there for a couple more minutes and possibly go to sleep. On the floor you peeked from your position to see Bane beginning to walk towards you, and he was wearing funky ass googles - probably was what allowed him to see you. You groaned and prayed Nightwing was almost there. Since there was now no chance of escaping, you had to fight.
But there was no way your ass was getting up. Stall!

"Hey Bane! You're looking pretty... Muscular as always...A little more actually. New juice maybe?" As you surveyed him he really looked more freaky than usual. He looked cartoony like a giant.

"Your pleasantries are of no use Y/S/N. Why do you think your doing here?"

He asked while approaching closer....You did not like how quickly he was closing the distance in between you two or what he would do when he reached you. His tone was harsh, it lacked the emphasis of a question more of as he was mocking you for even coming.