Resolution

Derek's pov

I hadn't seen anyone since the fight with the Alpha. So, when I entered Scott's house, everybody cheered me and hugged me warmly.

I wanted to see Stiles. He awkwardly waved at me when I came in but didn't atually come to talk to me. He just quickly went back upstairs, to Scott's room.

Was he avoiding me? I could hear his heartbeat going crazy through the fabric of the loose red shirt he was wearing... or was it mine ?

Stiles pov

I was hiding upstairs, sitting on Scott's bed, curled up my head on my knees. I started detailing the room, that was a habit I developed when I got anxious, it helped me focus on something.

I could hear everybody speaking with Derek downstairs, asking him how his healing was going... I was so nervous, my hands were shaking. I felt bad for not speaking to him but I was so nervous it just felt impossible.

As I was thinking, I suddenly heard someone coming upstairs. I froze. I froze because I knew these footsteps. They were Derek's: he would walk quickly and smoothly but his feet would rub the ground.

My thoughts were cut off by a knock at the door. I couldn't be in denial anymore. It was Derek.

« Well, h-hi Derek! It's so good to see you, I articulated as the door slowly opened

-Hey, hi! What are you doing in here? He respectfully stayed at the door.

-Oh em... nothing what are you doing? I vaguely murmured

-I came to say hi, I guess I'm a little late, he said. He paused, staring at me. Em... I'm... gonna get going I guess? I saw everyone so... em, yeah bye! See you around Stiles. »

He closed the door. And that was it. I sighed.

He definitely didn't remember our kiss... My sight started to get blurry and hot tears rolled on my cheeks.

How stupid was I to think Derek actually wanted something to do with me. But... I really thought our relationship had evolved during the time we spent together. Was I seriously the only one feeling it?

I couldn't stop the tear.

A few minutes later, I decided to go get some fresh water in the bathroom and eventually take a shower.

I opened the door and gasped of surprise, Derek was here, walking back-and-forth in the hallway, looking pretty agitated.

« Stiles ! » he said, his eyes opening up in surprise as he saw my red face (i unfortunately don't have a good crying face) « are you okay ?? » He rushed to me and held my hand, very concerned, « Are you hurt ? Can I take your pain ?

-I'm- I'm okay, I cried and tried to put a smile on my face, which eventually made everything worse.

-What's wrong ? Tell me Stiles... He gently rubbed my back and looked into my eyes

-It's nothing; you don't have to pretend like you care

-I care!»

I let go of his hand and quickly walked past him, to the bathroom. I closed it behind me but it violently hit Derek in the head, who had followed me. « Hey ! OUch, Stiles» he whined.

I gasped, he was bleeding on the forehead.

« What's going on upstairs? » said Alison, confused about the noise.

Not wanting them to give explanations on this weird situation, I pulled Derek in the bathroom, locking it behind. « Shhh I said, stay quiet! »

Scott's bathroom is small, I had never actually cared but now I realize it. There's a single sink with three drawers and a little shower, that's pretty much it. So, being locked with Derek was very oppressing. Not to mention that I was trying not to panic while Derek's head was still bleeding which was horrendously difficult.

I went through the drawers to find some disinfecting and some bandages I could use. I felt oppressed but weirdly secured as Derek's tall figure stood behind me. I found some alcohol and poured it on a cotton. Tiptoeing to his head, I applied it on. « Ouch, he whispered » I looked up and, quickly looked down as he was gazing at me. I turned to the trash can and threw the cotton in.

He sat on the floor, against the shower while I was washing my face with fresh water. Then he asked,

« Stiles, what is wrong with you? He paused. I mean, if it's personal and you don't want to talk about it I can just leave, I'm not going to force you to speak to me but I thought, you know... I thought we were closer now...»

He stood and unlocked the door.

« You, you forgot...

-Forgot what ? he asked, clueless

-the-the night of the Alpha, he controlled you and you kissed me!"

Derek looled me up and down and confused he replied

"Stiles... you're saying nonsense, I was me... It was me, I remember ! How could he force me into kissing you?! He hesitated. Stiles, stop crying I swear I...I wanted it, I still do"

Shocked, I froze. Derek took my hand and whispered to my ear, « How could you think I was being controlled Stiles?»

He laughed and played with my hair. I gently rested my head on his torso and closed my eyes. His breathing slowed down as his muscles relaxed. I softly brought my arms up his neck as his head bent down to kiss me. My hand reached for the door and locked it again as our passionate kiss continued. I slowly took off his shirt hoping no Alpha would interrupt us this time...