27

"How am I supposed to figure out where they are?" ZiXuan questioned Yanli, glancing towards her for her advice. Yanli felt almost giddy at that. She knew that she and ZiXuan had many differences, but there seemed to be something that had yanked him into gear. Perhaps it was the threat of Wei Ying, she did not know, but how could she truly care what it was that had broken through the barriers of ZiXuan, just that he had done so in the first place? Now, here he was, plotting under his father's nose, to get into contact with his half brothers, or at least see what he could do for them, to try and overtake their father together. It was...almost elegant in  a twisted way. 

"I think that it is an amazing thing that you are doing. Trying to figure out who they are, trying to forge a sort of alliance with them." She stated clearly, before getting into anything else. She felt, first and foremost she should make sure that he is certain about what he was doing, and know that she felt it was a good plan to begin with. It was something she did with her brothers, namely Wei Ying at times. "As for figuring out who they are, let us merely start with the main one." 

"Main one?" ZiXuan questioned, glancing up at Yanli with confusion. She sighed and shook her head lovingly. As much as she did love ZiXuan, he was not really up to date with the rumor pools. Nie Huaisang was, and sometimes she wished that she got to spend a bit more time with him as he seemed like he was a brilliant person, but as it were, Wei Ying was Huaisang's best friend, and vice versa, so she would be content with that. Seeing the two interact, before whatever had happened with Wei Ying, was always incredibly refreshing. 

"You know Meng Yao? The servant who is with the Nies? He serves Nie Mingjue who set him in charge over Nie Huaisang." Yanli paused a bit. "He was the one who served the gift that the Nies presented at the Lan Lectures." She added, but even with the added information, all ZiXuan did was look to the floor almost shamed and sigh downcast. She did not know what else to inform him to help him remember Meng Yao. There was nothing more that really stuck out barring XiChen talking with him at the Lectures, which it was obvious that he was not recalling. 

"I...still do not really remember." He said slowly. He glanced towards her almost shameful at his behavior in the past. She was glad to see that he was at least feeling the conscience of his previous behavior, but a part of her was sad he felt so down about this. "I was not really paying close attention to the gifts at the lectures procured by the other disciples. I did not really care, this was my mistake, I know, but it was how things were. Mian Mian was the one who was paying attention to a majority of what was going on outside of the classes because I really did not care too much." 

Yanli just nodded. She had figured as much. He was not exactly the most attentive person. Which was fine, she loved him for who he was, in spite of that, she had just hoped that some day he would be more open to her, as she was to him, and she was lucky. She had gotten that. Not everyone did, and she was more than glad that ZiXuan had opened his eyes and seen her. It was helped, in no small part, by Wei Ying, this she was more than aware. 

Had she not had Wei Ying by her side, constantly standing up for her, in spite of his status, she did not think that ZiXuan would have come around. Wei Ying really did something for her that she doubted that she could ever truly repay. Despite the anger of Madam Yu he endured, despite the fact that that Jiang Cheng could not say anything as Sect Heir, barring the scoldings and the anger that he received, he never stopped protecting her. Never even bothered to question whether he should. It was that loyalty that, well, she was glad to see him at the Lans. 

"It is fine," She reassured. "As long as you fix your behavior now, it doesn't matter, at least, not to me." She confided with a bit of a blush on her cheeks as she admitted it to ZiXuan. "For now though, we should set up a meeting with Huaisang. Meng Yao is bound to come along with him. It is the best option that we have." 

"If we do that though, you cannot stay alone with Huaisang, and I will be incapable of spending time with Meng Yao to talk to him." Yanli paused, this was true. It did rather complicate matters. Although she could not help the smile at the words 'we do that' meaning that he wanted her to come with him. Wanted her help tackling this issue. It was nice, to finally be included in his affairs. It was wonderful a feeling to have. 

"I have a suggestion." She ventured carefully. "Although, you may not like it very much." ZiXuan just blinked, staring at her. 

"At this point, I don't care what it is. Father has gone too far this time, if Meng Yao is my half brother, not only do I owe it to him, I owe it to myself." 

"We could ask A-Xian's help." Yanli said nervously. Surprisingly ZiXuan did not react with annoyance, nor with anger. He looked contemplative. 

"That is a good idea. We will have to ask Young Master Lan, and possible First Master Lan as well considering the two are in charge of his recovery to ask if it is possible that we all meet up with each other although...perhaps you should write the letter." Yanli giggled, amused. 

"No, if I write it, it shows that I am asking on your behalf. A-Xian will not like that. If you write and ask it of him, it shows that you are growing. Ask to set up a meeting with him, Second and First Masters Lan, in CaiYi, and say that you have many things that you wish to discuss, and want his advice on." 

"Do you think that will work?" ZiXuan asked softly, almost nervous at the prospect. Yanli just laughed.

"I know him, of course it will work." She said with a gentle smile. ZiXuan sighed reluctantly. 

"Very well, I will ask him. Hopefully he will have some good ideas on how to get Meng Yao to meet with me. I doubt he will do it of his own volition."