XiChen

XiChen sighed, fingers outlining the drawing he had done of the person he suspected had been the one to break Wei Ying. He wanted to show it to him, but he also knew that was likely to cause some...problems. The other was just barely beginning to draw himself outside of his shell, and it was still heavily dependent on whether or not Wangji was with him. XiChen did not want to do anything that would cause...detrimental to his progress. He knew his Uncle was of the same mind. They would just need to find this individual, and then try and figure out who he was, who he was associated with-outside of the Wens of course because XiChen was almost certain that there was more going on than what he was seeing-Whatever it was that Wangji had been doing clearly was working, as Wei Ying seemed far less agitated most days. The dark energy that seemed to curve inside of him did not diminish, which XiChen could not help but think was strange, but it did not get worse, either, which was something they should be grateful for if nothing more.

XiChen was still shook by the happenings in the inn. He still could not believe what it was that he had seen. He had a feeling, despite whatever their Uncle may want to admit, that Wei Ying was a rather unique case when it came to resentful energy. He was not sure how it was that Resentful energy could be used, to be honest he was still fuzzy on most of the details, but what he did know was that Wangji's presence made things easier, and he knew that the resentful energy had protected him...protected Wei Ying. As though he needed to be protected from them, but it had lashed out based off his feelings. That was far more dangerous than what any would suspect in the beginning, but XiChen knew that more information would have to be gathered regarding the phenomenon, though to get it...He knew Wangji would refuse, and there was a good chance his Uncle would too.

He shook his mind of these thoughts. They were useless at the moment and he had other things that he had to focus on, such as getting the sketch to his Uncle. He had no idea what they were going to do with it. It was...this entire situation was rather unprecedented after all. It had certainly not happened before, and so XiChen was trying to figure out how to handle things, but this was a rather unique set of instances. He knew Jiang Cheng was still sending letters, and he was still refusing to allow Wei Ying to see them, per Wangji's insistence, and he knew Wei Ying's as well. He had refused to see them at first, and XiChen doubted that he would want to see them now.

Which was yet another...concerning detail. The amount of letters being sent to Wei Ying by his brother. XiChen longed to know what they were about, but he knew better than to read them...still...he could not help but wonder if it was something he should do. Sometimes rules needed to be broken or bent, at times, and given the rather unique situation, he was sure he could justify it, and that was only if he got caught. His eyes wandered to where the thick stack of letters were piled...thinking, wondering, gauging. Sighing, XiChen abandoned the sketch to stand and grab the stack of letters. He could not allow himself the torment of not knowing anymore. He would read through them, see what exactly was going on that Jiang Cheng felt it necessary to send letter after letter after letter to his brother, whom he sent away in the beginning anyways, and perhaps he would gather a bit better picture of how to handle what was going on.

He heard that Wangji and Wei Ying were talking to the Jin Heir, though why that was, XiChen had not managed to figure out yet. He would, it would take perhaps a day or two, if he he decided not to ask Wangji it would take two, but he would figure that out soon enough. He was not necessary worried about it, though it was rather interesting that the Jin Heir, who had made it quite known his dislike of Wei Ying, would bother asking for an audience. What was even more interesting was Wei Ying was willing to adhere to those requests, and those letters, rather than his own brother in arms. XiChen shook his head, flicking the first letter that had been sent since Wangji and Wei Ying forbade contact, and delicately ripped it open....He would have to go through these letters carefully, and with a fine toothed comb, he knew.

The Jiang Heir was hiding something from them. He had suspected as much when they had originally been allowed to take Wei Ying. Though the siblings were quite honest in their fears that their parents may punish Wei Ying beyond what was considered acceptable, and had been honest that this happened regularly, which had boiled XiChen's blood though he felt he did quite well not showing it, he had always felt that there was something...underneath all of that, though what it was he was uncertain.

If these letters contained what he suspected they would, he would get a better understanding of what exactly had been going on in the Jiang sect, and the household. If that were the case, he may be able to help Wei Ying a bit more. The other was quite hard to read. Learning about what he normally did, or what he was normally perceived, could aid them quite a bit. Wangji was doing quite well with that, of course, and XiChen would not expect anything less, but if he truly wanted to figure out what had exactly happened, such things were needed. His Uncle would vehemently disagree, XiChen knew, and so, pausing before reading the letter, having it only half out of the envelope, he stood once more, locking the door to his bedroom. The locks were basic, barely there, and XiChen added a ward to be safe, before returning to his desk, his eyes wide, his breathing deep.

Uncle cannot be angry at that which he does not know.