25

"So," Wei Ying began, leaning back in the chair that he was sitting in staring at the Jin heir expectantly. "What was your plan about again?" He questioned. " I now it had to do with the overthrowing of a Sect Leader, weeding out of corruption-which will undoubtedly be quite difficult-as well as finding your long lost brothers and sisters, but I have to confess, I am a bit confused as to how it is you intend to use your siblings...What are they going to help you with? How do you expect them to even agree to help you anyways, considering you have seemed to hold no care or regard for them in the meantime? I am sure you had to have given thought of what to do if they don't wish to help you?"

"I am not going to force anyone to help, if that is what you are asking." Jin ZiXuan said, his eyes cast down on the table timidly. The dual stare of both Wei WuXian and Lan Wangji was unnerving. He was not sure how to quite combat it. Perhaps if it was just one or the other...but alas, he had asked for both of their aid, and he could not just back down now. He had come all of the way over here with a goal in mind, he had to at least secure some sort of help if he wanted to take down his father. It was becoming more and more clear that his father did not give a shit about the sect, and if things with the Wen kept escalating, as he was sure that they would-despite the current seemingly innocent back down-he had to be careful. Though...It was Wei WuXian who said they probably would not have to worry too much about the Wen's for the time being, he did not want to take any chances. His father was clearly inept to handle the upcoming threat.

"I did not say you were, but what are you going to do if they do not agree to help you, as is well within their ability and their right?" Jin ZiXuan felt his shoulders drop. That was a good point. Although he did want help from his half-siblings, he could not force them to help. They had no responsibility to the Jin Clan or Sect, and would likely feel none iether. It was quite possible that none would help, and that they did not feel like it was worth the time and effort. If that was the case, how was he going to overthrow his father.

"Then I will just have to expose his bad dealings to the court, but that will be quite a bit more messy than having eye witnesses and personal testimonial accounts that can be detected through measure to determine the validity of them. Plus, they would work to unnerve my father more and more, presuming of course that he even bothers to pay attention in the first place. Not to mention, everyone knows my father is a whore. The only reason there has been no issues is because none of his children have come forwards."

"So what happens if they do come forwards?" Wei Ying asked, tilting his head curiously. "You can't honestly expect them to risk their lives coming forwards on a plan as pitiful as this can you?" He questioned sharply. "That is simply inane." The Jin heir began to stutter, trying to figure out what more he could say, but Wei WuXian cut him off abruptly. "Look, I get that you have good intentions, and maybe, you can meet your siblings, but I do not think that it is fair to ask them to risk the dangers that come with revealing themselves when you don't even have a good solid plan to back up your grand proposals."

"What do you expect I do then?"

"Kill him." Wei Ying said with a shrug of his shoulders. Lan Zhan turned and stared him down sharply. "What Lan Zhan! It is a good plan. The line of succession falls immediately to you and then you actually have to power to start getting somewhere. But outside of his death, I don't think that you are going to get anywhere, at least not with a horrible plan like this." He stated remorselessly to a rather despondent Jin ZiXuan.

-

Jiang Cheng had spent the next days scrambling...literally all day it felt as though he was running around not having enough attention or energy to be able to focus on any singular thing. he had no idea how it was that Wei Ying had managed to head all these different projects on his own for so long, it was only day one and he was already about to loose his temper. It did not help that he had nobody he could actually go to to talk about these things, and barely any projects were getting done as fast he needed, or wanted, them to be done given the sheer volume of projects. His parents were also being entirely unhelpful. They had been holed up in his father's office screaming at each other all day. He could not really do anything but he just wanted to get out at this point.

The end of the day had Jiang Cheng feeling useless once more, and with a sense of failure flooding through him.