Chapter 8

The evening continued, and Katsuki just had to endure the pain of his defiantly broken nose as the villians kept on berating him with reasons as to why he should join their side, but it fell on deaf ears.

Despite what the villians, and even Izuku might think of him, just as Izuku his greatest wish was to become a hero, and he wasn't going to give up on that just because he was being threatened a little.

He could endure it, but Hisashi began to grow visibly irritated when Katsuki refused to change his tone.
He sighed and then looked the teenager in the eye once more.

"You know what? Maybe we were too hasty, maybe you need time to think it over?"

"The answer is no!"

There suddenly came a darkness over the man's green eyes.

"Then what is stopping me from sending you to the laboratory to be made into a Nomu right now?"

Katsuki couldn't deny the chills that ran up his spine when he realized the true predicament of his situation.

Whether by force or willingly, if he wasn't saved, he would join them.
A mindless beast...that wasn't what Katsuki wanted to become, but he didn't want to betray his own morals either, he couldn't agree to their demands.

"Dad, you know how Katcchan can be, let's go with the first option and give him some time to consider"

Hisashi glanced at his son.

"Remember what we just talked about izuku? Your golden heart? You are not a hero anymore, so don't try to save him from this"

"I do remember, you told me to start protecting the league, well if there's any chance that he'll change his mind and join willingly, then that is exactly what I'm doing isn't it?"

A heavy silence fell over the room, even Katsuki didn't dare speak as Hisashi considered it.
"Decide, or your life will end tomorrow morning," Hisashi said as he stood up, giving into Izuku, but not giving Katsuki long to consider the options he was given.
Was there any way he could escape?
"Now, I will personally go speak to the doctor, it'll be best to set up preparations...because I doubt you'll give him" he addressed Katsuki before leaving the room.

"Are you doing this cause you used to be friends? It's stupid" Shigaraki asked the boy he viewed as his younger brother.
"Also didn't he bully you? You should want him dead"

Izuku looked at the ground underneath his feet.
He didn't particularly like Katsuki, and didn't look up to him the same way he once had, but by no means did he want him dead.

He was still young and he hoped Katsuki had what it took to change because if he did he could become a hero that could rival all might himself.

"He'd be a better asset as he is now than as a Nomu"

It was a lie. The Nomus were some of the biggest assets the league had as they were unbeatable for any normal hero, and followed commands word by word.

"Not so sure about that, you clearly don't understand anything" Dabi scoffed and then sat down at the bar where he asked Kurogiri to make him a drink.
Meanwhile, Katsuki sat in his seat, restrained as he shook.

As Izuku turned to look at him he genuinely couldn't tell if the shaking was from anger or from fear.
He slowly walked up to him, and then behind him as nobody kept a close eye on him.

"The hinges on the door are weak" he whispered and then with a swipe of his hand the restraints became slack, but still looked as though they were holding him.
Then he punched Katsuki on the back of his head, just so that it didn't look suspicious that he'd been standing by him.