Chapter 10

Izuku had had the time needed to calm down after the incident, and he had been treated gently as the 15-year-old he was, but now it was time to put on an iron glove.

Aizawa and all might had a scheduled meeting, or interrogation with the boy, not only to inform him of the new revelations of his mother's murder but also to ask much-needed questions.

Izuku dreaded it as he sat in the dark, windowless room waiting for his former teachers, one of which was his idol.
How could he look then in the eyes?
They had believed in him, trained him to be a hero, only to see him end up here.
He balked his hands into fists on top of the table and wished that he could bring them up to pull at his Halle, but they were restrained by handcuffs.

In this room, right now, he was nothing but a criminal.

Then the dark steel door opened, revealing the skinny figure that izuku still had a hard time accepting as all might, and then Aizawa, who for once didn't seem uninterested, but very serious and awake.

"Hello young Midoriya"

"Midoriya"

"Hello, all might, Mr. Aizawa" izuku greeted them as they sat down in front of him.
They didn't say anything, instead, they just stared at him, as if waiting for him to break the silence.

"I'm-"

"Sorry? Yes, you've already said that a lot" Aizawa interrupted him with a stern voice, causing all might to give him a sharp look, almost like a scolding.

"We know you're sorry young midoriya, but if you are so held down by this, why do it in the first place? I know all for one is your father but is it because you're scared of him? Has he threatened you in any way?"

"No...my dad has always been kind"

"Then it was out of love?"

Izuku turned quiet.
Was it out of love?
Did izuku even know why he had let this happen?
Of course, it was out of love, it had to be.

"Do you love your father?"

"I-... I love the man he used to be...before I found out"

A glimmer of hope shined in all might's heart.
Maybe izuku had only been dragged into this very suddenly, without time to hit the breaks.
"When you found out? You haven't always known of your fathers...uh...business?"

Izuku shook his head.
"He let me in on it when I was 12...I love my dad, but I've always hated him for that"

"How much has he let you in on? Are you an accepted member of the league?"

"Yes, I know every member...Shigaraki likes me"

"Why?"

"My dad is his mentor...he saved him when he was younger, so shigaraki loves my dad for that and so he also likes me, seeing me as all for one 2.0"

All might seemed nervous at the mention of Shigaraki.
Neither Aizawa nor Izuku knew that al for one had mocked all might by telling him the true identity of shigaraki.
"Where does Shigaraki come from? Who is he really?" All might asked.
Of course, he already ready knew the answer, but he wanted to know if izuku knew as well.

"What? I...I don't know, I was under the assumption he was a homeless orphan. Am I wrong?"

All might got his answer, and instance of explaining it to izuku he just brushed the subject to the side.

"Why did you join UA? Was it fun to trick us?" Aizawa asked, again much more hostile than all might.

"Of course not" izuku raised his voice.
"Being a hero really is my dream, though I know it's impossible now..."