9: Bones

" lost in the pages of self made cages
life slips away and the ghosts come to play
"

When we arrived at camp the next day, I was bombarded with the news that I had missed. Jaime had escaped and killed two men. Jaime had been recaptured. Robb had gone to the Crag. I was pleased to hear the last bit. I wasn't quite ready to divulge any of the information from my trip to Winterfell. Catelyn made her way through the crowd to me. "Amina, I'm glad you made it back safely."

I nodded. "I have much to tell you and Robb, but it can wait until he returns. I'm feelings a bit fatigued." It wasn't a lie. Daenerys must have found a way to call me to her aid.

"What is happing in Winterfell, surely you can tell me that?" Catelyn asked desperately.

"Her grace has had little time to rest on our journey home. She needs to retire to her quarters," Aylward said, coming to my rescue. "When the King returns, I'm sure Amina will have much to say." He put his arm on my shoulder and steered me towards my tent.

"Thank you," I said. "I must lie down. You will stand by my tent until I awake. It is imperative no one enters and wakes me. Do you understand?"

"Your grace, I'm afraid I do not."

"My sister needs my help and I must go to her. I'll explain it all in time. Until then, please, Ser Aylward. Make sure no one wakes me, no matter what."

"Yes, my Queen." I pushed into my tent and practically passed out the moment my body hit the bed.

OoOoO

I awoke outside a tall ominous stone tower. I turned in a circle to look around my surroundings. "Dany?" I called out uncertainly.

"Oh good, you've arrived. It's time to go," Daenerys said. She stepped through the trees, flanked by Jorah and a Dothraki man.

"How did you call me?" I asked.

"I just focused on trying to get your attention. It appears to have worked."

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"To the House of the Undying," she said.

"That sounds unfavorable."

"That is where they are keeping our dragons," she said sharply. "We must go after them."

The Dothraki man sand something to her in his language. I looked between the two of them, waiting for their conversation to end. We stood on the steps of the tower, I peered around the side. It was perfectly round and didn't appear to have a door that I could see. I began to walk around the side.

A few moments later I heard, Dany call out to me. She ran to catch up with me, we continued around the tower together. "Where is the door?" I said frustrated.

"The warlocks here like playing tricks," she said unhappily. The next thing I knew, we were inside a stone staircase. It was dark in both directions, save for a single torch. I freed the torch from the wall and handed it to my sister. "Do you hear that?" She asked in a whisper. I could just make out the screech of baby dragons.

I yanked her by the arm up the stairs. "This way." The staircase seemed to go up forever, I thought we must be as high as the clouds by the time we reached the top. The cramped stairwell opened to a large room filled with doors. I could still hear the screeching, but it seemed to come from all directions. "We could split up," I suggested. "Search the rooms separately."

"It would be just like the warlocks to create rooms that stretch on for eons. It's best we stick together."

There it was again, magic. I would be crazy not to believe in it by this point. Dragons, dreams that took me half way across the world, towers with no doors. Magic was not something I had ever thought about before meeting my sister. My whole life I had been normal as I could be. But now I was beginning to discover the truth about the world, and finding out that I could never be normal.