(5) red light, green light

CHAPTER FIVE: red light, green light

Everyone followed the pink soldiers. They were going through many corridors, everything was painted in light pastel colors, mostly pink. It was majestic.

They were led away to many photo booths, like in the amusement park. She was only once at this kind of park, when she was six. It was before her father died.

She stood up in line, getting closer to the booth. Where finally it was her time, she was just standing there awkwardly.

"Please smile" said the woman's voice

Hayoon didn't feel like smiling. She couldn't see herself, so she wasn't sure how she looks. Just in case, she took blue strings from her face.

  It wasn't a big smile, but it was something. She tried not to blink when the bright flash shone. Hayoon walked away, following the people when a loud gasp came out from her mouth.

She was in a big area. In her opinion, it was very similar to desert. On the very much end there were standing two soldiers and a big girl. Like a colored statue.

Hayoon wanted to talk with somebody, while the people were still coming from the photo shoot, but she couldn't find anyone interesting. She put her hand in pocket of her sweatpants as she kicked the small rock on the ground.

   She looked around her when she saw the man with a number 218 on his back.

"Hello" she greeted him "Sangwoo"

The man looked at her nervously, putting his glasses higher. 218 turned his head and he didn't give her an answer.

"Nervous?" smiled Hayoon, but he still didn't open his mouth "No worries, how hard can it be?"

  The girl kicked another rock. She was annoyed, because of 218 not answering her, when another man ran to him.

"Sangwoo!" it was number 456 "What happened? What the hell are you doing here? Your mother and I were talking the other day. She told him you were out of the country on a business trip!" 218 was avoiding any eye contact with him. Hayoon listened to the man interested, "What this man was talking about? You can't be in debt! The same Sangwoo who attended SNU, right?"

"Oh shit" Hayoon laughed. Both men looked at her surprised, "You're that smart, huh? Graduated from SNU" she whistled "Now I'm also curious why are you here"

""We'll talk about it later" he tapped his friend, 456, on arm as he walked away

Hayoon giggled at this mans face, very surprised.

"Your friend isn't very talkative" she said

"Yeah" 456 turned to her "I'm Gihun"

"Nice to meet you" smiled Hayoon