(12) tug of war

CHAPTER TWELVE: tug of war

The lights turned on a few hours later. All the players were slowly waking up, waiting for food, but there wasn't any signs of that coming.
Saebyeok opened her eyes and squeezed them right after because the lights were too bright. In the first seconds, she totally forgot where she was, and why her head hurt so much. It didn't take so long to remembered everything.

She turned around to check if Hayoon was still breathing. Her hand hung loosely in the air and her mouth was opened a little. She was snoring quietly.

"Hayoon," murmured SaeByeok. She placed her hand on girl's arm and shook her a little, "Wake up. Hayoon..,"

Blue haired girl opened her eyes lazily. She stretched her hands and rubbed her eyes. She twisted on the side, facing Saebyeok.

"Good morning," she smiled softly

"Get up"

Hayoon rolled her eyes. "Fine, mom" she chuckled. She sat on her bed and noticed another blanket on the floor, "You slept here all night?"

"Yes," Saebyeok murmured

"Your neck must really hurt then,"

Hayoon put her hands on girl's nape. She felt how Sae tense up under her touch. She smiled to herself and gently began to massage the girl's neck with her fingers. If there was a line between them, she definitely crossed it, but who cares. They gonna die anyway.

The classical music started to play in the room.

"The third game will begin momentarily," announced PA woman, "Follow the staffs instructions and proceed to the game hall,"

Saebyeok quickly stood up. Hayoon laughed at her and also get up from her bed. When she put weight on her ankle, she felt numb pain. It wasn't that bad, like in the night, so that's a good thing. She made a step forward to check if she can walk properly. She could.

"How's your leg?" asked brunette after she heard the little hiss from the girl

"It's better," said Hayoon, "I mean, it still hurts, but I can walk"

To prove this, she took a few steps forward. She was limping a little, but Saebyeok nodded her head. They walked together to the soldiers with another players.

Hayoon looked around and grimaced. On the floor, beds, walls, basically everywhere, were a lot of blood stains.

Soldiers took them to a big, white room. It literally was so white that it hurt the eyes. They were walking in one long line, Saebyeok behind Hayoon, Gihun in front of her.

"Welcome to your third game," said a woman, while people were getting into the center of the room, "This game will be played as a team. All players, please divide into teams of ten. You have ten minutes"