(15) the real sacrifice

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: the real sacrifice

"Ajumeoni...."

Hayoon twisted her head to look at the 312, but the woman wasn't looking at her. She looked forward without any emotions on her face. Maybe you could see sadness in her eyes, but there wasn't much of it.

Hayoon felt sick in the stomach. What she's supposed to say? That they gonna find way to both of them survive? There's no way it's going to happen.

"What game do you want to play?" asked 312 after a few seconds of just staring on the ground, and turned her head to Hayoon

"What?"

"We have to play game"

Hayoon looked at the older woman, "Oh... Yeah right, well..." she put her marbles back in the pouch, "Am I supposed to pick?"

312 nodded her head. The younger girl bit her lip, thinking about some game that she's good at.

„Then, maybe... Maybe we can play this," she sat on her knees

She started to digging a small hole in the sand with her fingers and after that she draw a line about thirteen feet away from the hole.

When Hayoon was done, she got up from the ground, "It's pretty easy. You just have to throw a marble into the hole, from the certain place. But you can't cross this line. The person that can do it, get all the marbles around, the ones that didn't fall in the hole. Ajumeoni, is that okay?"

The woman looked at hole that Hayoon dogged for a few, long seconds. The younger girl scratch her hand nervously.

"Alright," the 312 finally spoke up

But both women didn't move.

Hayoon felt that winning this game shouldn't be that hard. But she couldn't think, about being part of killing this woman. It was different from competing in Tug of War.

She also thought about others. About Ali and Sangwoo, the man who has a family and the one who doesn't. It shouldn't decide about whom the one to live, but it does. Ali have reason to live.

Saebyeok and 240, the one girl which Hayoon doesn't really know at all, and other that she cared a little. Maybe cared, it's a lot to say, but she wasn't indifferent for her.

The girl didn't even realise that five minutes already passed. The thing that woke up her from thoughts, was a loud bang, meaning that someone died.

"Should we...play now?" she asked awkwardly. 312 nodded her head slightly, "Ajumeoni, you can go first"

Hayoon took a step back to make space for a woman which stood behind the line. She leaned a little, squinting eyes to see better. She threw a marble, that dropped quietly on the sand, and rolled in the direction of the hole. But it didn't fall in.