♫𝐹𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑊𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝐴 𝑆𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑂𝑓 𝑇𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 | 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 1♫

This one is gonna kinda be long. I apologize!

The warm, summer dreams slowly bled into cool, fall evenings, causing the luscious trees to catch fire with beautiful reds and oranges. Anyone who stepped onto the concrete sidewalk would be met with nostalgic sights of Halloween decorations. The breeze that swept across the roads was gently touched with frost and cinnamon; it could cause one to stop for a moment, and welcome the new, lovely season with content. The arrival of fall would always put a smile on people's tired faces. Besides one.

Y/N drove in her gray honda down the desolate road slowly, and in no rush at all. After a long day at school, and the sun setting low in the afternoon sky, it was safe to say that it was time for a break. From everything. Things hadn't been going well for Y/N, no. Her boyfriend cheated on her with a stuck-up bitch named Carly, her abusive father who drank a whole case of beer a day and took his anger out on her, getting fired from her job... well, her minimum wage job in fact. Nothing was right in this world anymore for Y/N. No one was there for her.

The girl stopped at a stoplight, and let out a heavy sigh. The only time she was ever by herself was when she drove in her car. Maybe that was why she loved driving so much. No one was there to yell at her, hurt her, or laugh at her. It was convenient in so many ways.

Muffled laughing commenced from her right, and she turned her head idly to find a small playground by an elementary school. Small children giggled and squealed in excitement while running around with their friends; while on the side, parents watched their kids with exhausted smiles. Y/N never had that, she never has gotten to experience such joy in any shape or form. Oh, how she longed for it. Though, it was too late now.

One girl in particular caught Y/N's eye. She ran up and down the playground's bright blue stairs with a smile plastered on her rosy face. Her long hair was a beautiful bright red that matched the trees that loomed above. She wore a tiny, brown flannel that waved in the air as she hopped off the platform when her mother called for her. But, she fell onto her knees, and her smile faded into a frown. Y/N's gaze halted to a stop when the sound of car horns blasted from behind her, and she carried on down the road. She had no idea of where she was going, but she just wanted to get away.

Small shops and restaurants blurred by as she drove quicker. On the old walls of the structures, chrysanthemum flowers covered them like a beautiful curtain, making everything look aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. Where Y/N lived was always surrounded by flowers. The small town was always beautiful, and alive. Even the people that lived there always reminded her of flowers. Each person was a different flower, depending on their personality. Y/N's would probably be a calla lily. Ha.

She drove up a hill, and spotted her favorite café. Ever since she was 12, she would find time in the night to sneak out of her depressing home and go there, even though she was broke. The lady that ran the place always gave her cups of tea. 'Here sweet child. On the house.' She would tell her with a smile. From then on, for four years, she would sneak back to the café to spend time with the frail, old lady. She even started to call her Aunt Gretchen. Why? She never knew. The old lady was fine with it, anyway. Happy even. She was the only person Y/N could call family. Today in particular, Y/N wasn't absolutely stoked to see her like she usually would be. The day just wore her out to no end.

The gray car skidded to a stop in one of the gravely parking lots, and she got out of her car, and trudged into the café. The soles of her dirty, white converse crunched the pebbles beneath her feet. Before she got fired from her job, she was just one penny away from buying new shoes for herself. Y/N was tired of wearing the exact same shoes for two years.

When she stepped into the building, the dulcet sound of the doorbell chimed through the room, and the door to the office opened. Aunt Gretchen gasped and smiled once she took in the presence of Y/N, and she walked over to her.