♫𝑁𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑜𝑢𝑠♫

I like this one lmao. Enjoy :)

And sorry for any grammar mistakes, I didn't have time to proof read it.

Compulsive intrusive thoughts. What are they, you may ask? Well, let me explain: Compulsive intrusive thinking is the process in which a thought about a specific topic, thing, or person repeats in your head with or without fault behind it. This is common amongst people, unless it becomes an issue over time. Usually, this issue is solved by waiting it out, or seeking minor help from a family or friend. It is quite typical for these things to happen; however, these thoughts are undeniably difficult to handle. Especially when you're in love.

One teenager in particular struggles with the same complication. A few years back, a girl had moved into his neighborhood after leaving from across the country. Not knowing anyone or where everything is, she stuck with her parents inside her new home. Life was easy for her, until her parents figured out that, after all this time, she had not met anyone in or outside of the neighborhood. "Walk around the neighborhood and greet anyone who's out. You haven't socialized ever since we moved here" Her mother told her one day. And with reluctance, she agreed.

The girl trudged around the busy road, avoiding everyone who was out. There were only young kids and adults, who she assumed her parents had already befriended. All she did that included "socializing" was nod or wave at them. Immediately after they returned the favor, she sped walked away. Either way, she didn't feel like talking to anyone.

At the end of the street lies, yet another, cozy home. No one was outside playing in the yard as usual, and the feeling of relief flooded over her. Something in her gut told her to knock on the door, and she shuffled towards it. Once she did, a short blonde headed lady with a kind face greeted her.

"I-I'm new here. In the neighborhood. I wanted to m-meet new people, since I haven't yet." She tried explaining to the lady, fidgeting with her hands.

"Why, of course you are! I haven't seen your face before, and I know everyone here. Let me introduce you to my family." A couple of shouts later, approaching footsteps were heard inside the home. "So nice to meet you, dear." The woman added with a smile before the other people arrived.

The girl nodded slightly, and watched as two others stood in the doorway. "This is my husband of 29 years (I made up a number), Rob." She rested a hand on his shoulder, and he greeted her with a warm smile. Already, she liked the family, and became more comfortable around them. "And this is my loving son, Aidan." As her eyes met his, all of her confidence was drained and was instantly replaced with fear. After all of her years of seeing cute boys her age at school, they were nothing compared to who she was just introduced to. A pink blush ran across his cheeks, and he looked down at the ground and waved at her. At the same time, she felt her face heat up in the moment as well, and she waved back.

"Hopefully, you two will get along; maybe one day become friends." His mother stated. All of their heads turned once a beep was heard, and she apologized, "I'm so sorry. Our dinner is ready. Hopefully we can meet again!" And with one last glance at the boy, the door was closed in front of her, leaving her blushing like crazy.

And after that moment, the two were inseparable. A few weeks after they were introduced to each other, they became close friends almost instantly. The parents met up and approved of their friendship, and even allowed the other to visit sometimes. There were even times where one of them snuck into each other's rooms through open windows, and spent the night. No matter what came between them, they would never leave one another alone.

Over time, Aidan developed feelings for the girl. He instantly denied them, and told himself that he was losing his mind. Though, after a couple months of stolen glances, shared laughs, and all nighters, he finally accepted what he felt towards her. His mother was the only one that knew about this, and she still loved that they were hanging out together. What she didn't know was that he couldn't get his mind off of her. When he was at the dinner table, resting his eyes, or doing his homework: he only thought of her, and when he would be able to see her again. Everything he thought about, it had something to do with the girl. And after months and months of his love growing for her, it was driving him absolutely crazy.