☂︎︎𝐼𝑡 𝐹𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑠 𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝐼'𝑚 𝐹𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔☂︎︎

Please read this:

Honestly, I've been so nervous to post this chapter because of two main reasons. One, this is a vent chapter. Please don't read too much into it, and don't make my problems your own. I can deal with them just as much as you can mind your own business. My life, my decisions. Two, this also deals with my father's issues as well. He is okay with people knowing, and don't assume that I am clueless on what he is going through. I've known him my whole life and you have not. I know how his illness works and how he thinks, and it is different for everyone. And just letting everyone know, he is okay. He has his ups and downs, and is currently doing as good as ever. Now please don't make a big deal out of it. It's my life. Not yours.

Don't worry about me or my family. I'm ok and they're just as ok. We are all safe and happy and out of harms way. Thanks.

-

I'm warning you, this chapter can be very upsetting for some people. If you're sensitive to smoking, suicidal thoughts, or things of that nature, please don't read this.

This story also uses my name in it instead of 'Y/N', so if you have a problem with that, I'm sorry. Read something else.

-

It was late. She should've been in bed hours ago. But it was hard. All she could think about was her real father. How he was sick; mentally. There was nothing she could do about it, you see. All one could do was give him medicine, therapy sessions, and hope for the best. For her whole life, all she could remember was her caring for him, trying to come up with solutions to make him happy again, even if she knew they weren't possible. It was so strange, his illness was. One day he could be at his lowest, wondering if life is even worth living, then another day he would be at his highest, wondering how he could ever think such thoughts. It was so stressful, since she had to deal with it.

Then again, she loved her father more than life itself. She would give up anything and everything just for him, since he had done the same for her. He was an incredible man, don't get things wrong, but he wasn't quite compassionate. One day he would worry about his daughter, then the next day, he would forget that her pain even existed, or just didn't do anything about it. Not like he meant to though. Her father was the only person she could really talk to. Now that she moved to The Umbrella Academy, that wasn't the case anymore. Her father had already forgotten about her. She had no one.

The low sound of a clock ticking was audible over the sound of the dull sound of harmonious music echoed through the academy on a Saturday evening. During the weekends, the children were free to do whatever they pleased, but had a few exceptions, thanks to Reginald. For example: the 9:30 pm curfew, no sneaking out at night, no lighting things on fire in your room (thanks Klaus)... So really it wasn't that bad. Until this specific night, those rules took a toll on Taylor.

Her throat was painfully tightened from trying to hold back sobs, the stars outside of her window placed by her bed turned into long strands of light, reaching just behind her vision. A shiver crept up her spine as a gust of wind traveled from the air conditioning and swept up her bed. Not like she cared. Today, she had nothing but time to do whatever, so she went on her phone to look at social media. Taylor followed her father on instagram, and saw posts of him explaining how he couldn't take much more. It was well known how he deals with stress. What was even worse, was that one of her family members died, and he didn't take loss well either. This is going to be so hard on him. Oh god.

Nothing was right anymore. Her world was collapsing. He was at a low point right now, and it was way worse than the other times he has had. It worried her to no end, and for the rest of the day, she would stare off into space, wondering what was going to happen next. Was she going to get a call from the hospital once again? Was she going to receive text messages from his wife stating that they aren't going to stay together once again? Every single stress factor was put on her shoulders so she could deal with it too. She needed an escape for once. That was when she had an idea. She knew all and well she was going to regret it in the long run, but just this one night, maybe she would try something new.