☏☂︎︎𝐻𝑎𝑖𝑟𝑐𝑢𝑡 | 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 1☂︎︎☏

You get a haircut lol

Lately, I haven't been feeling right. Like I have something inside of me desperately trying to claw its way to freedom. The urge to get up and do something about it was almost to the point of just making me want to drop down onto the floor dead. It took ages to find out this 'itch' I've been wanting to relieve, to lift off my shoulders. It wasn't long after I came out to Five. Oh, the look on his face when I finally murmured the words I've been hanging onto for years made me want to cry. His strained, concerning look melted into a huge grin, and a gasp escaped his lips. He swooped me up into his arms and spun me around while murmuring onto my shoulder, "Thank God you are." I took that as a sign that he accepted me.

I retreated back into my gloomy bedroom. Well, it wasn't even a bedroom: Reginald's trophy case full of his athletic achievements took up most of the small room, and other miscellaneous boxes, basically making it a storage closet. It wasn't the most comfortable of bedrooms, but it sufficed. The old door creaked open as I stepped into my room. The wall across the room had a guitar resting against it, fake vines and led lights, a picture, then a mirror. So, as I entered, the first thing I saw was my reflection copying my every move. I slowly closed the door, and approached it. My hands ran over my clothes that I was wearing, then my face. Something was wrong, and it was weirding me out. As my hands stopped on my hair, it clicked.

I absolutely hated my hair.

So, I decided to give the hair salon a visit. It only took a lot of begging and bribing for Reginald to accept me getting my hair cut. Though, his accepting gesture was only a terse nod, and forcing me to promise to cut it to where I can still keep it tied up or gelled back for missions. Through a huge smile, I nodded. I couldn't drive a car to the salon, since I've never had the time to study even for my learners permit, so I asked the most reliable person at the academy, Five.

I approached him quietly, since he was reading a book peacefully at his desk. I reluctantly asked, then to my surprise, he responded with, "Of course I will. Anything for you, Y/N." Five took my hand, and led me all the way down to his car. For the whole time, I was focused on his soft hand holding mine. It made a bright red tint creep up my face. He wasn't one for physical contact. Every time one of his siblings tried to drag him into a tight hug, he would wince and push them away. But when it came to me, he acted like it didn't bother him at all. Actually, he would usually be the first one to touch me. It made no sense to me, or to anyone else. Only he would know, I guess.

Five and I hopped into the car, and the engine rumbled as he turned it on. He was visibly buzzing with excitement, and it confused me even more. "It's only a haircut, Five. It isn't that big of a deal." I told the grinning boy driving the car beside me. Don't get me wrong, it was adorable seeing him this happy, but he was never that excited about anything, besides when I came out.

"I know." He hummed. I watched as his fingers tapped a rhythm against the steering wheel, and I turned around to look out the window with a sigh. New York was blindingly sunny that day; a bright yellow reflected off the building windows, and the sidewalks were glowing a platinum white. Sunny weather gave me major headaches.

The feeling of the car halting to a stop made me look up from my lap to see that we made it to the hair salon. I've only been here a few times, but I knew the workers there, so I trusted them to do a good job.

I began to unbuckle my seat belt, until the car door opened and I saw Five looking down at me with his beautiful, green eyes. He gently guided me out with a hand on my shoulder, and shut the door behind me.

The salon's size contrasted with the grand city that towered over it, though it was three floors, it was still ostracized. The brick walls of the salon were painted white, while the two entrance doors were painted pink. Over time, the paint had been worn down, and chipped away, so the brown, older paint was visible underneath. Dead vines creeped up the bricks, and encompassed most of the lower part of the salon. All and all, the building was hideous.

Five knew that I came here sometimes, but it embarrassed me to no end that I couldn't find any other place to go other than this shithole. Even worse, he'd never seen it. I glanced up at the city to avoid seeing his pained reaction that I one hundred percent knew he had. There was so much about me that was embarrassing, what had to top it off was the salon I went to. Great.

My eyes stayed connected to my shoes as I traveled to the entrance, but not for long. As if my eyes had to view the boy, they slid over to peer up at his face. I let out a silent sigh when I saw his signature smile never faded. Usually the people I would be around were always uncomfortable, as if they had the need to leave my side as soon as possible. Maybe it was the way I dressed? Or the way I led a conversation? It never made sense to me. Five didn't seem bothered by me. I wouldn't ask why.

A beep echoed through the room as we entered the salon, and we were greeted by a monotone 'welcome'. Compared to the outside, the inside was completely different. The walls were painted a dark brown, and the accent walls were a tan chevron pattern. Expensive stylist chairs filled with people and mirrors perched in front of them lined the two walls. A front desk was sat right in front of them, and waiting seats were behind a wall to the right.

"I'll wait over here." Five gestured to the waiting area, and I nodded. I was unaware that I was holding his hand, until he pulled away, and walked out of sight. A dull pain ached in my chest when I watched him leave, but shook it off and turned to the lady at the counter. The desk lady was middle aged, and her hair was cut short to a pixie. Bright orange eyeshadow was smudged onto her eyelids, and her red lipstick was slightly smeared. That says a lot about this place. I took a deep breath, and prepared myself to speak. Socializing with others wasn't my forte, but in situations like these, I had to force myself to talk. I practically dragged Five all the way over there, so what was the point of leaving then? Well, here goes nothing.

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Hi. I actually want to cut my hair short as well. I think it will suit me and I think I'd feel more comfortable with a boy cut. What do you think??