bystander

an entire year had passed since your ceremony.

a whole year since you inherited the mayhem, since paul had passed. an entire year of nonstop training and practicing how to master the mayhem's powers. you barely had time to see your family, not that it even mattered. it's not like they bothered to visit or reach out, they wanted you to focus completely on training and to somehow surpass your brother.

but what a year it was.

even if you had nothing to do with the marleyan army, everyone knew the mayhem titan was the ultimate weapon in war, how powerful and special it was. it was the endgame in each battle and a factor in why marley maintained to be such a strong nation.

even before inheriting the titan, you had spent your entire childhood learning about it, sometimes against your own will.

it started with your parents sitting you down from the age of 5 when you first began to read and understand the world around you.

they would talk to you about the mayhem, how strong it was, it's powers and why it was important. the same conversation of those four topics would become routine until the day your ceremony came.

there would be moments as your parents talked to where you wondered what would happen if you weren't chosen to inherit the mayhem. what if you were to inherit the female or the cart? or what would happen if you simply weren't chosen?

it didn't matter that you ranked number one in your class overall, i mean look at porco. he was so strong and displayed great leadership qualities but still wasn't chosen to inherit anything.

and sure the mayhem always went to your family, but you knew there was no law or rule to keep that going. your family wasn't entitled to the mayhem just because of your last name, it was just the way things happened to work out for all of these years, for these generations.

however, there was no time for these what if's. there couldn't be a what if.

and those what if's no longer mattered. the world you were in when those questions soared through your mind was no more.

you were in a new world now, a whole year later.

the world of an honary marleyan.

even before inheriting the mayhem, you knew everything there was to know. due to your parents drilling you with information but also could be thanks to the fact your brother would spill to you everything there was to know those times he came home. he would go into rants, from how it felt being in the titan to different strategies he discovered over time with it. you had such an advantage being so close to someone who inherited one of the seven. not even close, it was your own brother.

you learned from a young age that once the host transforms, they would have an outstanding view from 14 meters above the ground. to match the view, their 5 senses would be heightened. what made the mayhem titan so special was the swift speed that could match the female titan and its ability to cause explosions from their very own palms, exterminating anything that came into contact with them instantly.

when y/n transformed, her titan looked familiar to the female titan. when it came to any host of the mayhem, such as paul, their titan looked similar to their human form, just showing off their flesh and muscle.