armin

author's note

🧿 HIII EVERYONE I MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH omg it's been too long

🧿 i hope y'all enjoy this chapter because the next two after this..... yeah LMAOOOO

🧿 PLEASE don't forget to vote it helps the story out a lot. again thank you all for reading. ik this chapter is named after armin but i think it does a good job at exploring yn's character. OKAY ENJOY BYE LOL

[play someone new by hozier]

jean's pov

"Okay, so tell me what you're going to say

"Okay, so tell me what you're going to say. One more time."

Two weeks had passed since you and Jean had been to the cliff. Although you two didn't talk or even interact for those fourteen days, Jean thought about you every single day that passed. What you could be doing, what you were thinking about, how you were handling training, and how your days were going. Most of all, if Armin had talked to you yet.

Jean knew you were growing closer to Sasha when he started to see Sasha drift towards you during trainings or meal times. He was thankful it was Sasha rather than Mikasa you were getting closer to, even though he saw you with Mikasa a lot. Ever since that night Armin and Mikasa stalked Jean to the cliff and gave him the mission to be Armin's wingman, every interaction you had with Mikasa made Jean uneasy. Mikasa was no Armin however.

Mikasa wasn't manipulative the way Armin could be or sneaky. She was probably only there that night to beat Jean up if he didn't agree to go with the plan and because she wanted to help her childhood friend. Jean didn't doubt who Mikasa was as a person. He knew she was loyal and could be kind. What he did doubt was her authenticity towards you.

But as those two weeks passed, he never saw you with Armin. It was kind of a relief. Not entirely just because Jean still had no idea what was going on with you. Sure, he could ask Sasha but he saw no point in that. Sasha would only tell him so much, it was clear she was developing some kind of loyalty to you which Jean accepted nor did he mind. He had agreed to leave you alone for those two weeks anyway and didn't wanna go behind your back the way Armin would.

Anytime Jean would bring you up to Sasha it was quick responses. The most answer he got out of Sasha was today as the pair sat opposite directions in front of each other, in the cadet's common room, as Jean was sketching out a portrait of Sasha she had been begging him to do for forever now. Connie sat in a chair near them, with his head rested on his palm, tuning in and out of their conversation. Jean agreed to do the drawing if Sasha answered some questions about you. The first thing Jean asks Sasha is how you were.

"She's fine, I mean it's Y/N, she's more Y/N now than she was last week. For example, now when I say your name she doesn't give that dirty look she does. You definitely know the one! When her right eye does that little twitch before she's about to go into those rants she does! Now she just gives a blank stare and looks like she's in another universe when I mention you. So it's definitely some progress from last week!"