encounter

y/n's point of view

growing up in marley the way you did, feeling alone was no unfamiliar feeling.

your time had always been spent either at training camp, home learning about your titan to be or at the lake near your house to simply relax.

to make things worse, the friendships you had made in marley never felt authentic either. such as being forced to bond with your new generation of the chosen seven despite the minimal chemistry you all shared. it all felt so temporary, so empty. maybe it was because the seven of you only had a certain amount of time to live, so there was no point in getting too close.

everyone was scared of being close.

too close.

to anyone.

you were all only "friends" with one another because you needed something out of one another.

or rather, marley needed something out of you guys.

things were different with annie, however. she was like your platonic soulmate it seemed like.

ever since you had known annie, you had only ever seen her laugh aloud with one person; you.

and to match, she was the only person you had openly cried to and expressed your feelings  honestly with.

you two were always there for each other.

despite the both of you being so opposite.

you were emotional and rash while annie always just seemed so cool and calm. she was also so smart and pretty.

it was no wonder why bertholdt was so in love with her.

it made you wonder what it felt like to have someone like you in that way.

you admired her so much.

she was everything you wanted to be.

it hadn't mattered you ranked first in your class once the warrior candidate program was over. or that you inherited the mayhem titan.

you still wanted to be the type of person she was.

annie was a good person.

no rank or titan could ever make that for yourself.

she wasn't a good person in your eye's because she benefited you for your own selfish gain.

no

annie was a good person because she had a beautiful heart even despite living in this cruel world.

she protected that beautiful heart by putting up that cold demeanor.

trying to scare anyone from getting too close to her.

but that never stopped you.

she had told you during your first year in paradis how she had this one goal of just wanting to get back home to her dad after the mission was completed.

that made you think to yourself,

what the hell was your goal here?

you had been told it was to take back the founder.

but what happens after that?

maybe you didn't want to go back marley.

but if not back to marley, where?

what was even waiting for you when you were to arrive back in marley once the mission was complete?

your family?