ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

❀❀❀❀❀
"Determine the heir of the family...? What do you mean with that...?" Kazuichi leaned forward slightly, not sure if he had heard that right. "Whoever has the most successful partner, preferable a royal, will shine the most there." "That is ridiculous!" Sonia stood up, obviously angered. "Why would that determine anything?!"

"Please, calm down." Looking at the castle's giant clock, the (h/c) haired female sighed, looking at their guests. "I have to return to Prince Byakuya now. I am sorry that you came here for nothing, Princess Sonia." A last time, she bowed to them before disappearing in the castle.

'He may be a cold person, but he never made a guest cry. Could it be that Prince Byakuya is in a bad mood?' Taking a deep breath, (y/n) knocked on said prince's door, waiting for his answer. Though, she never received an answer, which was quite strange.

'He never lets me wait this long either, plus, I'm certain that he's not attending any meeting right now. After all, Princess Sonia just left.' A bit hesitant, she opened the door to the blonde's room, peeking in. "Your majesty? I'm here to-" She stopped. Where was he?

With great worry, the servant began to search the room, but she couldn't find him. 'Where could he be? There was nothing else planned today!' "Why have you already returned? And why did you come into my room without permission?" A voice came from behind her. "Your majesty, I was searching for you!"

Turning around, her (e/c) eyes met a cold glare. "Why were you searching for me? You said I only have to meet Princess Nevermind today. What is it now?" Byakuya pushed up his glasses, letting out a long sigh. "Did my parents want anything from me? Tell them I'm busy."

"That actually isn't why I wanted to talk to you. I was worried about you, your majesty." His blue eyes widened for a few seconds before returning to his cold glare. "You were worried about me? Please, I don't need a servant like you worrying about me."

Byakuya sat down, picking up a book from his desk. "But I'm curious. Why were you worried about me? Tell me." (Y/n) wasn't sure if she should tell him, bowing to the prince. "I... I was worried because you never made any of your guests cry."

"And why should you be worried about me then? Go back to our guests and comfort Princess Nevermind, I'm sure she needs more than just her little servant." "I don't think you understand, your majesty. Princess Sonia told me you were mean to her." He snickered, amused by their little conversation.

"You've been my servant for quite an amount of time now. You should know that I'm not the most friendliest guy." The (h/c) haired girl shifted around, slightly unsure of what to say next. "That might be, but you still were always formal and sometimes even friendly to your guests."

"Maybe you're right. But why would you be worried about me anyways? Aren't you being a little bit too nosy for a servant? What's gotten into you?" He adjusted his glasses again, crossing his arms. "Your majesty, with all due respect, may I ask you something that is quite personal?"

The blonde was quiet for a moment before mentioning her to ask her question. "Has something happened between you and your siblings? You seem really stressed out lately, and I-" "(Y/n) (l/n)." Byakuya stood up, his eyes growing even more cold. "Ask something like this again and I will get myself a new servant."
❀❀❀❀❀