ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

❀❀❀❀❀
"Are you nervous, my lady?" Byakuya asked while waiting outside the room, waiting for her to finish putting the dress and accessories on. "Yes, I'm really nervous about it. I'll look like a coward in between all these nobles and royals." She sighed, not really wanting to go to the ball anymore.

"My lady, I can assure you that you will be the most beautiful female in the room. Don't worry too much about it and just enjoy the evening." Though the blonde prince had to admit that he was also nervous. About proposing in front of so many people.

"Let's go then, your highness. Don't worry, I'm sure you will do a good job." With that, (y/n) stepped out. In that moment, Byakuya forgot to breathe for a little bit. She looked absolutely stunning in her (f/c) dress. Prettier than any princess he had ever seen before.

Gently setting her hand on his arm, she smiled up at him as they began to walk towards the ballroom. "My lady, I just want to tell you this again: I'm marrying for the title, but mostly because I love you. Thank you for accepting my proposal, (y/n)."

Before the female had any time to react to what he had said, the doors to the ballroom opened as their arrival got announced: "We welcome Prince Byakuya Togami and Lady (y/n) (l/n)." All eyes immediately turned towards them. People were shocked. Who knew a mere servant would be prettier than most of the nobles?

"Everyone is staring at us, your highness..." (Y/n) whispered to her fiance who just smirked slightly. "It's probably jealousy. After all, a commoner is outshining the royals. Don't be nervous. Just enjoy this event and don't leave my side, my lady."

His words actually calmed her down a bit as she nodded slowly. Slowly, the room's atmosphere returned to normal again. The first hour passed pretty slowly. They spent most of their time with drinking the finest wine and talking to the most important people. 'This is really boring...' Was all (y/n) thought.

But then, the first slow dance began and the (h/c) haired female got pulled towards the dancefloor. "Your highness, I don't want to seem impatient, but do you know when exactly you will propose today?" The blonde prince just smiled, not bothering to give her a proper answer.

The music was beautiful and soothing, creating just the right atmosphere for a proposal or a wedding itself. "To be honest, my lady..." The prince began, looking into her eyes while holding her hand and waist. "No one is even allowed to propose at the ball itself." 'Wait... What?!'

Her eyes widened in shock. "What did you just say?! What do you mean with nobody is allowed to propose at the ball?!" She kept her voice low to not draw any attention towards them. "Well, this ball is more for the looks. The king and queen want to see how well the couples fit together."

"How weird..." (Y/n) mumbled, looking up at her fiance before leaned her forehead against his chest as the dance began to come to an end. "Then why are you planning to propose at the ball itself? What if everything goes wrong and you lose your chance of becoming king?"

Byakuya chuckled. "Oh please, my parents favor me over everything else. It doesn't matter if it's forbidden now, I will change everything and create the perfect moment for just the two of us." His icy blue eyes stared into her (e/c) ones. "I promise."
❀❀❀❀❀