ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

❀❀❀❀❀
"Thank you all for attending this event tonight." The king spoke with a loud voice, quickly pulling all the attention towards him. "As some of you may know, tonight is very special. You've surely noticed that all of our royals attended with a partner. Tonight is the most important night of their life."

He paused, some tension growing between the siblings. Of course, they all knew what would happen tonight. Tonight, the king and queen would silently make the decision on who would succeed to the throne and become the king or queen. And they couldn't really do anything to influence that.

"Your highness, aren't you nervous about their decision...? I know you're their favorite child, but what if they change their mind?" (Y/n) seemed rather concerned as she glanced up at her fiance, who was just as calm as always. "No, I know that they've already made their decision."

Her (e/c) eyes widened, turning towards the king and queen. "They've already made their decision...? Are you sure about that...?" He nodded, mentioning her to stop whispering as the king began to talk again. "Unfortunately, I have bad news for almost all of my children." He let out a sigh.

The room immediately went quiet as some people whispered amongst themselves. 'Most of Prince Byakuya's siblings look absolutely terrified right now. I guess that's understandable. After all, the king said >almost all< of his children.' Her attention turned to the blonde prince besides her. He almost seemed smug.

"My queen and me will not be able to rule this kingdom much longer, which is why we've already decided on who will replace us. It's our probably most competent heir. But for now, please enjoy the ball until we make our important announcement. And yes, we will announce our decision."

As soon as he looked at the orchestra, they began to play again. Some people began to dance again while others were still discussing what the king had said. It probably hit them hard that their king and queen would be replaced this suddenly.

The (h/c) haired servant on the other hand couldn't help but be stunned. How could Byakuya have known this? Her eyes wandered off to said prince. As if he didn't just predict the future, he sipped on his glass, looking back at her with a questioning look. Though he knew exactly what she wanted to ask. "The truth is..."

"Byakuya, your mother and I haven't been feeling well." The blonde was quite surprised. His parents seemed just fine to me. "Is that why you called me here? If that is all, I will take my leave again." "Yes. You can go, future king of our empire."

"Your father just made you their future heir without anything else? It seems like you really are the most competent one out of their children..." She mumbled, not noticing that the king stood up again when he saw his son getting onto one knee. It was time for an important announcement.

"It seems like my heir wants to skip the long wait and get right to it." Gently, Byakuya took (y/n)'s hand. "I can't blame him. After all, this officially makes him my heir for the throne." His icy blue eyes met her (e/c) ones.

"Please be my queen, (y/n) (l/n)." "May I present you: King Byakuya and Queen (y/n)." Applause filled the room as his lips met her hand and then her own. "I promise to not only be your king forever, but I will treat you like a queen, my queen."

➳𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐸𝑛𝑑
❀❀❀❀❀