ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

❀❀❀❀❀
"Your highness, is everything alright? Would you like me to get you some books?" "No, thank you. I'm alright." This was going on for hours now. (Y/n) was trying to figure out what was wrong: Byakuya was just staring at the wall, not even reading. Just deep in thought.

'I don't know of any incidents that might have happened. So why does he seem so concerned?' Looking down, she picked up the golden tray in front of her. At least he drank his tea. It was a really cold day, she didn't want him to get sick.

Her hand quietly grabbed the doorknob. She couldn't really do much except bringing him more tea. Her (h/c) hair disappeared behind the door as she walked down the giant hallways. 'Maybe he's getting sick...? No, he doesn't look sick... He looks... Kind of curious about something... And he won't stop thinking about it.'

She stopped suddenly as a thought crossed her mind. 'Wait... What if... Prince Byakuya fell in love and can't stop thinking about that person?!' The weird feeling from a few days ago came back. It wasn't love or curiosity. It was pure and absolute jealousy.

The female servant couldn't believe it herself, but just the thought of the blonde prince marrying a beautiful girl made her blood boil. 'What am I thinking...? I'm a servant, I don't have the right to be jealous of my heir...!' And yet, she still managed to keep to her priority: Work.

(Y/n) quickly rushed to the kitchen, preparing the tea and rushing back. "I'm sorry for taking so long, your highness!" Her apologize went through one ear and exited the other one. He wasn't listening at all. He didn't even look at her. Not even when she put the tray right in front of him.

Deciding that it was enough, she gently tapped his shoulder. His eyes snapped towards her. "What do you want?" While she spoke, his eyes travelled down her body, making sure to not miss out on any details that her clothing, hair or eyes had.

"Your highness, are you listening to me?" He nodded. "Then what did I say just now?" She crossed her arms, giving him a sceptical look. Byakuya sighed. "Fine, I didn't listen to one word you said. Now leave me alone." His eyes remained on her figure, his thoughts wandering somewhere else again.

A awkward silence made its way over them as both of them didn't even dare to speak. Though, the (h/c) haired female knew that he had something to say. Something really important. His eyes were slightly narrowed, his lips pressed together slightly. He pushed up his glasses, sitting up.

"Let me ask you something, (y/n)." His tone was more serious than she had expected and she could feel a chill running down her spine. "Of course, your highness. What is it? Is something bothering you?" She came closer to him, stopping right besides him.

But what happened next caught her completely off guard: The blonde prince reached out and grabbed her arm, pulling her towards him. Their faces only a few inches away, his blue eyes studied her face: She was completely shocked, confused and curious about what was going to happen next. "Your highness...?!"

He slowly began to pull her closer even more. Not once left his eyes her face. "Didn't you have something you wanted to ask me, your highness...?" The blonde stopped pulling her closer as their noses began to touch slightly. "(Y/n), would you like to enter the royal family?"
❀❀❀❀❀