|01

🇳🇬
Monday 9th January 2023.
First Day Of School.

Third Term, the final three months, the last term of the session, the final term that determines whether or not you would be promoted or repeat that session.

Victor the Senior Prefect of this session stood by the large black door of the hall with his hands by his sides as the students chorused the National anthem. Victor never sung along or showed patriotism.

The country is bad anyways, right?

"Peace and unity" they ended in unison. Some students relaxed their muscles other slouched their backs but victor just stood there with this tall, dark-skinned figure looking at the juniors and teachers.

Announcements were carried out, it was the first day all the "hard work" talk was seriously enforced. Teachers would take turns to encourage the students to work harder on this term because they do not play about repetition in ivory college.

Victor watched carefully with a serious expression on his face as the junior students skipped happily to their class talking amongst them selves. The carefree JSS1 students just laughed and played about running to their classes. 

He slowly scanned the hall for two particular boys; Dayo and Emmanuel.
This three set of boys were practically inseparable, they made their first contact in JSS1 and became brothers soon after.

He caught them at the end of the hall, walking maturely with their hands in their pockets to the two of girls ahead of them; Chidinma and Tinuke.
They walked side by side giggling amongst themselves as Dayo and Emmanuel entered their conversation. The four walked happily and giggling approaching victor.

"Senior Prefectttt" chidinma teased as she hugged him.

"Feels like 5 years since we saw" Victor said laughing looking down at Tinuke who played with her nails.

"Are you stoned?" Victor asked Emmanuel squinting hie eyes as he studied him.

"No" Emmanuel said moving away from victor who was still studying him.

"Maybe" Emmanuel added with a wide smile.

"Bro!" They both shouted laughing.

"You and this winsh nails Sha" Dayo said looking at Tinuke.

"Oga, leave me o" Tinuke said hissing at Dayo.

Tinuke had a soft angelic voice but was also agbero-ish when she wanted to be.

"Me I dey stab class" Dayo said looking around. Probably the see if any teacher or snitches were around him.

"NECO is next week Friday" chidinma reminded Dayo but sent shivers down victor's back.

Victor has been having anxiety towards NECO, Victor was the smartest of them all but the slightest exam gave him the worst anxiety.

"Which kin pikin you be sef?" Tinuke asked laughing.

"Who is having maths class? not me o" Dayo said laughing to him self before running off.

Dayo's POV.

I looked impatiently for Pelumi, cause at this point she's the only one who can help me.

I heard a loud laugh coming from SS1b and I knew exactly who owned that laugh.

"Lulu" I said in her ears few inches behind her, knowing exactly how to get my way with her.

"Dayo!" she screamed turning around and basically jumped on me.

Pelumi and I never talked, honestly I didn't even know she existed last term. Let's just say we got closer over the holiday.

"How far?" I asked looking down at the blushing small figured girl.

"I'm good" she replied giggling. Pelumi was head over heels for me. I mean, even a blind person can see that but I didn't really care for her love.

"Help me" I said shortly not wanting to converse with her.

She gave me the "what?" look.

"Come and go me library key" I asked with a pleading face.

"Ah! For wetin!?" she asked folding her hand.

"I no wan have class. I don't even have maths note, abeg" I pleaded and she looked at me laughing.

Yes, I was that un-serious, what?

She pulled out a bunch of keys and handed them to me.

"The one with school stamp" she simply said and I picked her up excitedly.

"Drop me joor!" she laughed hard and I put her down.

"If you like lost it I will sleep in your house" she said, probably indicating her house key was part of the keys.

"No wahala" I said smirking before walking away.

Pelumi was in love and she is not going anywhere.
____________________

How far?❤️