|03

Omniscient.

Dayo waited patiently listening to his mother share the morning prayers not like he was actually anticipating school or anything.

He held until his elder brother's hand with his eyes shut.

"Amen" she concluded as everyone opened their eyes.

"Oya oga come and go to school" his mother said as she pointed to the golden painted shining door.

"O dabo" Dayo said with his thick fluent yoruba accent as he walked out of his spacious parlor.

He knew he was late but still didn't feel remorseful, he was sure chika would be by the entrance and he could always get past her.

"Dayo!!" he heard Dapo his elder brother yell from behind him. Dayo spun around looking at his taller darker skinned brother.

"The runs guy said it's ready" Dapo said looking at his brother. Dayo sure was un-serious towards his NECO, why? he had a brother who knows a person.

"Thank you!" Dayo thanked excitedly.

"You will sha pay me" Dapo said causing Dayo's face to drop.

"For why?" He asked eyeing his brother.

"Is this one mad? who you dey eye?" Dapo asked angrily.

Dapo was three years older than Dayo and made the seniority clear. He didn't take rubbish from Dayo and everyone knew. Sometimes, their mother would tell Dapo to discipline Dayo when their father was out in another state evangelizing.

Dayo immediately apologized and pulled out his phone from his bag.

"Better" Dapo said walking away after he received a credit alert from Dayo.

Dayo hissed when Dapo had gone in and threw 'waka' sign then laughed at himself before walking away.

He got to school Five minutes later and entered the school compound.

"Late comer" a junior teacher said walking past him but Dayo didn't even care he wore his bag nicely on one shoulder with his hands in his pockets feeling like a big boy.

Ask why he was sports prefect? Only because of his extreme talent on the field nothing else. He is so unique he was picked  even with his straight C's.

He walked past chika in attempt to pass the back gate, he made a right turn and noticed the area was deserted and the gate was locked.

"Locked isn't it?" Chika asked from behind him.

"Ehn, I'd enter simple" he said turning around but she stood still looking down at her. Dayo was not just tall but long and standing beside the short chika made her look like an ant.

"Oga you're late go to the principal's office" chika said with authority but her face dropped when Dayo laughed hysterically at her holding his chest.

"Ah!" She said clapping her hand before folding them looking up at him. He had to admit chika looked really pretty under the morning sun.