Can't Keep Quiet Anymore

The buzz inside the coffee shop was lulling the blonde customer, who was currently occupying a corner table, to a state of not-really-caring-about-the-surroundings. She was ten minutes late for the coffee non-date she had scheduled with her ex-boyfriend, who insisted on seeing her at least once a week to, apparently, rekindle their friendship. She had made it very clear that it was all Ian was going to be getting out of her, and the brown-haired guy was seemingly accepting of their current circumstances.

She looked up now towards her, well, friend. Both his hands were flat on the counter as he perused the menu items written above the heads of the baristas. Sasha watched him open his mouth, then close it again. Sasha was familiar with that mannerism. It meant Ian had wanted to try something new but then decided against it to have his regular drink instead. Sasha had always told him that he didn't quite know what he would be missing if he didn't try any other drink. Ian had always just shrugged his shoulders at her.

Now, Sasha bit her lip in thought. Maybe she was Ian's regular drink, and he wasn't willing to look somewhere else because he was comfortable with how they were before he started sleeping with that redhead he had replaced her with. The thing with regular drinks, though, was they were never what you have all the time. It was just a regular because it was what you would have if there wasn't anything else that caught your fancy. Sasha had to look away from Ian at that thought.

Wasn't she fancy enough?

She had been worrying her lip for the past ten minutes, fiddling with the charm hanging off the zipper of her bag when Ian settled in front of her with one tray and both their drinks. She smiled a him, mind elsewhere, and he returned it.

"So, how's work?"

Ian had never really asked about how her work was. It seemed like he really was trying to make it up to her. "It's all right. We're almost done shooting the next season. Depending on how the ratings go, we might do another."

"I though you're all up for another one?"

"Yeah, Marlene just said that. You know how it is with the publicity."

Ian nodded, even though he didn't really know why there was a need to lie to the people who were stalwartly watching the show. "Well, how about I take you out somewhere to relieve stress? You're free this weekend, right?"

"Yeah, I-"

"Let's go to the beach."

Sasha furrowed her eyebrows. "The beach?" She actually thought she needed to unwind after all the stress of the past few weeks. In fact, even the person she spend most of her spare time with, Shay, she barely saw outside of the filming.

Ian nodded, and it it weren't for Sasha's slight distraction, she would have already picked up on Ian's excitement the moment he had sat down in front of her. "In Miami."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok, I'm not that boring."

Shay grinned through her third yawn of the past ten minutes and she made an effort to stifle it. She and Sasha were both on their stomachs, Sasha's laptop in front of them on the bed and they were just getting started with the latest black and white movie that Sasha was able to get a hold of. It was something they had just recently started to dabble in, and they decided that since black and white movies were really a touch-and-go kind of thing, they were going to help each other stay awake for the ones that weren't very good.

As it was, Shay was already yawning at the first ten minutes of the current one they were watching.

The taller girl shifted closer to Sasha, snuggling, and settled her chin on top of her hands as she refocused on the movie. She felt Sasha snuggle back, resting her head on Shay's shoulder.