Epilogue: Change is Good

A/N: This is just really short. It also serves as a sneak peek to the sequel. Enjoy!
(SPOILER ALERT because i've been receiving hate about how this ended, THEY END UP TOGETHER OK please chill out. there's a sequel. go read it. :) )

Shay looked at herself as she stood in front of the bathroom mirror, drying her hair with a towel, while she held another loosely around herself so she wasn't walking around naked. It was a little late in the evening, nearly eleven. Then again, most were out and partying when it was a Friday night, but she was at home waiting for a call.

Just then, her laptop chimed with a skype call, and despite feeling tired from her early start, and the fact that she had to wait for this particular call before she went back to sleep, she smiled, feeling a level of calm and a maybe a bit of giddiness as she settled in front of her laptop, one of her hands still occupied with trying to keep her towel around herself.

"Hey, Red," she greeted, a grin already pulling her lips to the side to expose her teeth. She laughed at the scoff and at the eye roll, feeling that pull inside of her for the girl on her screen. But also feeling a bit of longing.

Shay missed a certain blonde girl and she knew it was a long time before she got to see the girl again.

Leaning closer to her laptop, because she felt that pull again, she placed her arm on her table, and lifted a fist so she could settle her chin on it and just stare at the girl. Sometimes, she was happy just doing that.

"I saw your interview! You were great! And you said you'd been awkward."

This time, it was Shay who rolled her eyes. "Just because you think I'm great doesn't mean I am. You're a little biased."

"You were beautiful." Pause. "And you handled those question really well, too."

Shay knew which questions those were. The ones about her being in a relationship with a girl. "I just tried to be as honest as possible. Without revealing too much because I'm allowed a bit of privacy. We're allowed a bit of privacy."

Shay watched the girl run a hand through her hair while she smiled affectionately at Shay, before it turned apologetic. "I'm sorry I'm not there with you."

Shay mock pouted. "Yeah, I've been dealing the paps on my own. And I thought I'd be ok with doing that because I'd have you while the world scrutinized my sexuality."

"You made a lot of bisexuals proud to have you on their side."

"Not just me."

Shay felt her heart flipflop at the smile that graced the redhead's face. "Not just you. But you're popular, Shay." Shay scoffed making the redhead laugh. "But you are!"

"Also, I tweet."

This time Shay laughed because the girl on her screen said that as if it made up for everything. "So helpful. All you do is make the kids riot." Shay had started referring to the fans as kids, admitting that she was feeling older after her 24th birthday and given that most of the PLL fans are younger than them, she said she might as well take the part.

"Please. You've retweeted every single one of them. Don't even pretend you don't like them."

"Hmm. They're great. And they're about me. Why shouldn't I?"

Shay's words were met with laughter again, and it made her feel a lot lighter, as if she hadn't just been working 80% of the day.

"I miss you," Shay suddenly said, although the words were a little garbled because of a yawn.