Arroz Caldo

It was two o'clock in the morning when they got the memo that the storm had apprently gotten so bad and it was likely that filming would have to be cancelled for the next two days, which meant their break would have to be pushed forward, too. That meant a few more days of work, and it was likely their director would spend the impromptu two day break looking for scenes that would have to be retaken.

Sasha only considered it a few more days with Shay. They were likely to spend it in each other's homes, and since Shay was already in her house, they were likely to be cooped up in there until the storm passed. They were currently in her room, and Shay was actually passed out beside her. Sasha had roused when her phone vibrated beside, but she had always been a light sleeper, while Shay was sprawled beside her, curled up as close as possible without touching. Sasha gave it a half hour before Shay started to shift closer to cuddle. Sasha usually woke up in the morning with Shay's arms wrapped around her. She didn't really mind. After a few nights of that happening, Sasha had already found herself wrapping her own arms around Shay to keep warm. It was, after all, nearing December and it was getting colder everyday.

It wasn't at all because she wanted to be closer to Shay.

She lay now on her side facing the brunette and watched as Shay's eyes blinked several times to squint at her. Shay never remembered these moments when she woke up. It was the kind of thing sleepy people never really consciously do. Shay makes a sound that's between a groan and a whine and Sasha smiles shifting closer, slipping her arm beneath Shay's head and Shay moves so she can rest her head on Sasha's shoulder. The blonde was aware that when she wakes up, her arm would be numb, but even that was familiar. As was the scent of Shay's shampoo in the morning, brunette hair fanning on her shoulder and sometimes her face. Sasha never minded it.

After hearing Shay sigh, Sasha pressed a kiss on top of her head and fell asleep to the silent rise and fall of Shay's chest pressing over her body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sasha woke up toasty warm and to a fit of coughs that shook the bed slightly every time she heard it. She was only slightly aware that her arm wasn't numb from the usual weight of Shay and that the warmth was radiating from the person whose back was to hers, her arm draped over Shay's stomach.

She groggily lifted her head, eyebrows furrowing when another round of coughs struck Shay.

"I'b dot sick."

Sasha dropped her head on her pillow and resisted the urge to roll her eyes. She gave herself a couple of seconds before pushing herself up to a sitting position, then she pulled on Shay's shoulder so the taller girl would roll to her back.

Even to her most biased opinion--because she did honestly think Shay was the most beautiful woman she's ever seen in her life--Shay was a mess. Sasha lifted a hand to press it to Shay's forehead, and Shay attempted to bat it away, missing by a foot.

"You're right, you're not." Sasha muttered, getting up from the bed. Shay attempted to do the same, but Sasha pressed a hand to her shoulder to keep her down. "You're staying in bed."

"But I'b dot sick."

"Yes, but don't you like the bed?" Shay's response was to blink. "Exactly. Stay there. I'll get us some food."

"But you hate eati'g od da bed." Sniff. Cough. "I cad stad."

Sasha smiled because Shay could barely breathe and she was still thinking about Sasha's obsessions and concurrent compulsions. "I can handle it."

"Sash-"

Sasha pressed a kiss to Shay's forehead which worked well to shut the brunette up settling back on the bed. "I'll be back. Does chicken soup sound good?"