Lost Without You-IV

Virat came out of the icu and stood outside of the icu door holding the door knob. He was getting overwhelmed with his emotions, he can't see his ever so strong bhai lying like this. Ms had a huge bandage on his head. Plaster on left hand, a bandage on shoulder and some bruises on right hand. Virat tried to calm his mind down he just can't give mahi bhai stress by showing him his vulnerable condition.

Rohit came to check if mahi bhai needs something, that was of course a pure lie, he knew virat was there, he'll take good care of bhai. He just wanted to get a glimpse of mahi bhai, seeing him conscious and better was only thing he wished for. He got surprise seeing virat standing outside of icu, is bhai okay? If yes, then what virat was doing outside?

Ro: Vi, why are you here? Didn't you go inside?

Vi: I did but I don't know, I.. I just can't... I don't know why I'm scared, what is actually happening with me.

Ro understood virat's condition.

Oh, okay then let me go to him first. Waise v mahi bhai loves me more, so he'll be more happy seeing me first, ro played his card.

Vi got possessive hearing this. He'll be the first one to visit mahi bhai as he is mahi bhai's favourite kid.

Vi: What? Mr. you are living in a delusion, he loves me more. And yeah I'll go first, you wait here.

Vi again went to mahi bhai's room and sat on the chair beside his bed.

Ms: What happened virat?

Virat nodded in no, he wasn't even looking to MS's eyes. He was just looking down the floor as if that was most interesting thing in the world. He was trying hard to control his tears.

MS lovingly kept his right hand on virat's cheeks and asked "Kya hua baccha?"

Ms's affectionate voice triggered virat's emotions and he started sobbing. He hugged ms keeping his head on MS's heart, he was trembling. The fact that he could have lost his mahi bhai made him shiver. He has holding ms tightly to feel his presence. Ms was stroking virat's hair and was murmuring sweet things in his ears.

Virat seemed in no mood to stop, Ms was getting worried seeing virat's condition.

Ms: Virat. (little loudly) Virat. Look at me.

Virat raises his head. His sobs reduced.

Ms: See kiddo, I'm fine. Perfectly fine.

Vi(looking at MS's wounds): Ha woh toh dikh hi rha hai ki kitne fine ho. You scared us to death bhai.

Ms: Sorry for scaring you all. Kya hua hai kiddo, why aren't you looking in my eyes.

For the first time after MS's accident virat met MS's eyes, his eyes were red, puffy it held intense pain.

MS's heart broke seeing virat like this. He could understand what his kid must be gone through.

Ms(with concern): Cheeks,see I'm fine and in front of you.

Vi nodded understanding, but MS could tell that virat was hiding something.

Ms:Cheeku, kya chupa rahe ho apne bhai se?

Vi(Again not meeting his eyes): Kuch v toh nahi.

Ms: Oh so now you have started lying to me. Within few hours you changed this much when I'll take retirement you won't even talk to me right?

Vi: BHAI!!!

As expected MS's trick worked. He know his kiddos really well. He wanted virat to pour his heart out.