First Meet

Aug, 2008

It was virat's debut, he was excited nervous, happy, scared all the emotions at the same time. Though he had been the captain of U-19 cricket team, this feeling was different. He will playing with his idol, so many legends. He was feeling star struck imagining sharing dressing room with them. He was dancing in his mind but had to keep straight face. He can't act immature in front of his teammates, can he? They'll think he is stupid. He was shown his room and he saw another person in the balcony. As the balcony's door was open he could hear shouting, the person was shouting on someone. He wanted to meet the person with whom he was sharing his room but hearing his shouting, he decided to talk to him later. He was sitting idly then he thought to unpack his things. He kept his t-shirts on the bed, and cricket kit on the couch. The other person came back after finishing his call and got shocked seeing the scenario.

How dare you keep things like this? You have messed up my whole room? I can't even sit.

It was yuvi, Yuvraj Singh, his Roommate. Virat wasn't someone who get scared of scoldings or shouting, being naughtiest kid in the school and in the team he knew how to handle these. But it was Yuvi,his senior teammate, that super talented guy whom he saw hitting six sixes in a over, how crazy he was watching that scene. Would he have been at the non-striker end, he must have  danced in there only. Oh god! He have managed to piss him off within minutes only. He was so gone now. While he was busy in overthinking, yuvi walked out of the room to annoy his best friend.

Virat kept his stuff back in the back thinking yuvraj will complaint against him and he'll be shown the way of outside. He was really upset and staying in the room wasn't going to help. So he thought to take some fresh air, he was coming out of his room when Irfan Pathan noticed him.

Irfan : Hey, New in the team?

Virat : Ye.. Yes... Hi, I'm Virat Kohli.

Irfan : I'm Irfan Pathan.

Virat : I know, I've seen you in the tv.

Irfan (laughed a little) : So sharing room with yuvi?

Virat (meekly) : Yeah.

Irfan : All well? You look little upset.

Virat (trying to cover up) : Yes, yes everything is fine. I'm also fine.

Irfan already met Yuvi in Mahi's room so he knew yuvi was in bad mood and now seeing Virat he was sure something has  happened.

Irfan : You talked with Yuvi?

Virat : Umm... Not actually. (in his mind : Mujhe kuch bolne kaha diya khud suna kr chale gye 😭)

Irfan : Are you sure you okay? Yuvi said something to you?

Virat (immediately) : No.. No.. He didn't scold me.

Irfan was damn sure now that yuvi scolded virat. He knew that virat wasn't the one who gets scared easily, so he thought to play a little with this new member.

Irfan : Good then.
(He kept his left hand on virat's shoulder and started walking)

Irfan : Be careful with yuvi. He's short tempered and doesn't like anyone not obeying his orders. Even the captain listens him (In his mind: Mahi yuvi ki baat maanta hai 🤣🤣🤣, main v kitna funny hoon). And his best friend my god, he is very strict, doesn't like the person who messes with Yuvi. And you know who is he?

Virat nodded in no.

Irfan: MSD, our Captain.

Virat wanted to cry now. Irfan was going to say something when he noticed Zak coming from the other side, irfan waved his hand which was royally ignored by Zak.