The Last Dance

18th May 2024 

RCB vs CSK

It was the day to remember for both rcb and csk fans for completely different reasons. Both fans had tears in their eyes, one was happy tears to see rcb in playoffs while the other had tears to see mahi leaving. Everyone knew that this match will be etched in the history of ipl for some reason. 

Ruturaj won the toss and chose to bowl first. Virat was batting but he couldn't shrug off that one thought that was running through the minds of millions of the people. He thought he'll ask later but could not wait seeing ms standing close to him. As the over ended virat went near ms. 

Virat: Mahi bhai we'll meet again like this in the next ipl right? 

Ms: Yes kiddo. 

Virat smiled and was going to hug ms but ms signalled him that there are thousands of camera capturing them. 

Virat smiled ear to ear but something caught him, MS's eyes. He couldn't point out what was it actually but he felt that Ms is upto something. He feared and again asked ms. 

Virat: Hum aise hi milenge na mahi bhai, I'll be batting and you'll be standing behind me like always? 

This time ms didn't say anything he just smiled and shaked his head reminding Virat that they are in the middle of the game. 

Soon the game ended and rcb won. Rcb qualified for the playoffs and they were over the moon. They were celebrating as if they have won the trophy, Ms was really happy for his kiddo. He has seen a broken virat when rcb wasn't performing well in the first half of the tournament. Virat used to be so upset when they used to be in the loosing end even after him giving his everything. Ms was proud of his kiddo. 

Ms waited for the rcb team to end their celebrations for the handshaking, he waited for few minutes until he couldn't stand. His back was giving up, his knees were thronging in pain. He didn't want to show his pain to anyone so he left to have his medicine and knee cap not without informing his captain. 

MS was going towards the dugout where he met the rcb support staffs and congratulated them. 

Virat was done with the celebrations and then they remembered that they haven't even shaked their hands with the other team. They felt embarrassed but virat was chill as it was his Mahi bhai's team. There is nothing to feel awkward, his Mahi bhai know him and never take this as his disrespect. 

Virat shaked hands with everyone but his eyes were searching for his Mahi bhai. He hasn't hugged him yet, where was he? 

Virat didn't even see jaddu, shivam or cherry that he would ask. Virat went towards the dugout where he found their physiotherapist standing. 

Virat: Have you seen mahi bhai? 

P(while pointing at one direction) :Yes, he went inside. 

Virat : There? Ok thanks. 

And he went in. 

MS already had his knee cap on and he was putting his back braces. As soon as ms saw virat he tried to hide it from him but it was too late as virat has already seen it. 

Virat: Nahi nahi mahi bhai main hi aankhe band kar leta hoon, as you would never show how much pain you are in. 

Ms could sense anger in his kiddos voice. Virat is little protective towards him not that he doesn't like that but sometimes he behaves as if he is MS's elder brother, his little cheeku becomes the virat bhaiya whenever he sees ms in any kind of discomfort.