quattro

Chapter 4
the tragic memory

"No, I like you very much. Just as you are."

-Mary Darcy, Bridget Jones' Diary (2001)

The sound of bullets being fired echoed the whole basement as the sound of begging, yells and crying stopped. One of hid trusted man betrayed him. Without hesitations he killed him proving to the others, if someone would betray him yet again would get them into trouble, death.

"Clean this up"

He demanded on one of his men as he wiped the blood that spattered on his cheek. He hates traitors. He hates liars because of her. How they would promise and would break it.

He changed his clothes before going home to see his sister painting in a canvas on their art room.

"How's your day"

He sneaked up on his sister making her gasp in shock and brought her hand on her chest, breathing heavily.

"I almost got a heart attack because of you, Fratello. Don't sneak up on me again you moron"

(brother)

His sister in a wheelchair exclaimed and continued painting using a wooden brush. He looked to see her painting a tall tower with lights all over it.

"Is that the Seoul Tower" He asked his sister in confirmation which she gave him a smile and nod in return.

"Yes, you know I'm a big K-pop fan and Korea itself. When I can walk again, Korea will be the first country I'll visit"

He smiled at her knowing his sister hadn't given up on the hope she could walk again. almost 6 years ago when he and his whole family got into an accident. He got a couple broken bones but his sister loose the chance to walk again. They have been to doctors to doctors. They almost travel the whole world to find the best surgeons to cure his sister again.

♡♡♡

The family settled at the dining table as the maids served their meal. Their family chef cooked, Stephen cooked his specialties tonight.

For appetizer they were served with Buttermilk battered fried green tomato wedges served with garlic aioli. They were then served with the main course, NY Strip steak served with permesean French fries and garlic aioli sauce.

"So when are you bringing a girl you would marry?"

Armando almost choked on his steak on the sudden question of his mother. Cassandra the muffled a laugh while devouring her steak.

"What? me and your father are getting old, We want grand babies running around our mansion very soon"

"Oh please mother you just have a baby fever after you saw Marian's newborn baby"