chapter 6: Ancestors

Mardus: "So this is Coruscant?" he asked himself as he entered the planet's atmosphere.

He came to Coruscant for many reasons. He had to figure something out:
To interfere or not to interfere, for that is the question.

Mardus has now been weeks on Coruscant living his life in the different universe, killing criminals. Or like here mostly all the criminals are bounty hunters. He finally got to practice his hidden blade assassinations

One thing he doesn't like about this universe are the fruits. The don't have apples, oranges, cherries, bananas... No nothing. Only some gross slimy fruits he has a hard time digesting.

One day he realized that he's now 16... Well... plus those 6 years of course

Right now he is on top of the longest building in sight. Meditating (while hoovering 3 feet off the ground.) Suddenly he feels something appearing in front of him.

He opened his eyes and almost got a heart attack and fell to the ground with a loud thud. He saw an assassin in front of him.

'Wait, there aren't assassins in this universe' he thought to himself still sitting and looking up to the figure. He then stood up.

Mardus: "Who are you?" he asked.

The hooded figure took off his hood and Mardus almost got a heart attack again. He immediately recocnized him as Ezio...his ancestor. They stared at eachother for a minute and then Mardus broke the silence.

Mardus: "Wha... I don't understand... how are you... here?" he heard his voice crack.

Ezio: "Where is here?" he asked coldly staring deep into Mardus' eyes, burning him inside out.

Mardus: "Huh?... Why...did you come to me?" slowly getting over his surprise.

Ezio: "To ask you a question," he says and continues after a few seconds: "Do you consider yourself an assassin?"

Mardus: "Yes... i AM an assassin." Mardus says with determination.

Ezio: "Yet, you don't fight for what assassins fight for,
you wear our hood... our weapons because of fashion.
You use your skills for yourself.
You are driven by anger... anger that you don't remember the cause of.
You use your power...to gain more power.
You try to harness power for purposes unknown even for yourself," he speaks and points to the artifact beside Mardus.

Mardus looks to his right and sees the Eden Apple.

Ezio: "You carry our names... Why? he says as another hooded figure appears next to Ezio and Mardus recognizes him as Altair.

Mardus: "Because i want to be like you."

Ezio: "Wanting something does not give you the right to have it."

Altair: "Right now you fight for power, and you wish not to interfere in a matter that would choose the fate of many... If you do everything for yourself, then whatever you say about anyone else has no meaning. Therefore our names in your name... has no meaning."

Mardus thinks for a minute, processing the situation until he finally speaks up.

Mardus: "I know my ways have been and are wrong... What must i do?"

Ezio: "There Is No Book Or Teacher To Give You The Answers, To Show You The Path. Choose Your Own Way."

Altair: "We are what we choose to be."

Ezio and Altair in unison: "Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted."

They both disappear leaving behind a confused young boy who still processed everything.

He knelt down and took the Apple of Eden into his hand.

***Timeskip to where he is somewhere in space***

Mardus: I don't know on what coordinates i am, and no one will ever find this." He says as he places the Apple of Eden into an escape pod and releases it. He then proceeds to blow up the escape pod.

Droid: "Was that really necessary?"

Mardus slightly jumped and looked behind and saw his droid

Mardus: "Woah... Forgot you were here too," he says slightly grinning.

Droid: "Wow... Thank you for worrying about me."

***Another timeskip***
Back on Coruscant:

Mardus is currently in a motel room making a plan to get close to the chancellor. He is pretty untouchable.

Mardus: "How can all the Jedi be so naive?" he asks himself as he sighs and jumps to his bed. Then he hears something outside, he stands up, goes to the window and looks outside. There is a huge holopad showing a togruta female and the news says that she was a jedi that bombed the jedi twmple and is also accused of multiple murders.

Mardus sighs and starts to turn around when he sees the excact togruta on the news literally running across the street.l being chased by police droids.

He immediately opens the window and climbs onto the roof and parkours the way he saw her running. He follows her for a long time until she loses the police droids. (Also because most of them are dismantled by Mardus.)

She walks on a street where there is surprisingly not a single person. Then suddenly she stops and looks around.

The togruta: "Who are you, why are you following me?" she says threateningly as she ignites her lightsabers.

Mardus then lands behind her.

Mardus: "Hello there!" He says as she rapidly turns around.

Mardus then ignites his lightsaber, which causes the Jedi to twitch.

The Togruta: "A sith?" she says as she gets into battle stance.

Mardus chuckles a bit and says: "No, of course not, i am..." he stops and hesitates to continue, but still says: "I am an Assassin!"

[Okay, it's done, i don't think this chapter is as good as it could've been, and also sorry if there are some mistakes]